Replicon is an all-in-one, browser-based workforce management solution that helps businesses track employee work hours and manage projects.
It also optimizes resource management and simplifies project management with its Professional Services Automation (PSA) software.
But here’s the thing — Replicon’s business management software solutions are best for large businesses and firms rather than for freelancers and small business owners. You’ll also need to buy add-ons for additional features.
Want to explore other time and workforce management systems?
In this article, we’ll explore 10 excellent Replicon alternatives that are starter-friendly and just as good as Replicon.
10 excellent Replicon alternatives
Let’s check out other time clock software that are good Replicon alternatives.
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a robust time tracking and project management tool used by businesses such as Ericsson and Thrive Market to help boost employee productivity.
Like Replicon, Time Doctor offers project management, payroll administration, time and attendance tracking, and more. Let’s examine these features in detail.
1. Intuitive time tracking
Time doctor has a powerful and accurate online time tracking system with various modes:
A. Silent & interactive time tracker
Time Doctor has two main time tracking modes: silent and interactive.
The silent timer automatically tracks time when your employee turns on their computer. The app runs silently in the background without disturbing their workflow.
To use this feature, you must turn on the automatic time tracking function when setting up the app.
The interactive timer lets you start and stop the clock according to your schedule with just a click.
You can also switch between tasks when the timer is on. It records the total time spent on that day and individual time spent on each task.
B. Offline time tracker
Time Doctor continues tracking time, even when you’re offline — the app stores time data in the local cache.
It then uploads and syncs the data when you are back online.
2. Idle time tracking
This feature records idle time by tracking the employee’s keyboard and mouse movements. When it doesn’t detect any movement for a fixed amount of time, a pop-up notification asks if the user is still working.
If the user doesn’t interact with the pop-up, the app stops tracking work time and labels the inactive period as idle time.
Note: Time Doctor isn’t a keylogger. It only detects if the user clicks a key or uses the mouse. It doesn’t record employee activity to protect user privacy.
3. Project and task management
Just like Replicon, Time Doctor also offers a project and task management solution.
You can easily assign new projects and tasks to team members as well as organize them according to clients. The app tracks time individually based on which project or task you’re working on.
4. Productivity ratings
Time Doctor allows you to set productivity ratings for apps and websites your employees visit.
You can categorize which sites are productive and non-productive according to your employees’ work. For example, you can classify YouTube as productive for a content creator but set it as unproductive for an accountant.
5. Comprehensive reports
Time Doctor makes monitoring productivity easy with the following reports:
- Activity summary report: Shows the total time spent on any day, week, or specific period.
- Hours tracked report: Displays employee time use per task or project during a day, week, or specific duration.
- Projects & tasks report: Shows how many hours employees spend on a project or task.
- Web and app usage report: Displays websites and apps used by employees during working hours.
- Attendance report: Records your employees’ attendance, late days, absences, etc.
You can export these in a CVS, Spreadsheet, and PDF format.
6. Integrated payroll management
The app also allows you to customize the currency and payment method, making it easy for you to directly pay your team members.
With this feature, payroll management becomes less of a hassle.
Time Doctor also offers other useful features, like:
- Assigning and managing tasks and projects with ease for better workflow.
- Optional screenshots and screencasts for accountability.
- An Android mobile app for on-the-go time tracking.
- Chrome extension that integrates with 60+ apps and project management tools, like Jira, Asana, and Microsoft 365.
- Robust privacy and security policies.
Time Doctor offers a 14-day free trial and doesn’t require any credit card information. The paid plans start from as low as $7/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (450+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (320+ reviews)
Hubstaff is a time tracking and workforce management software used by businesses of all sizes. It enables easy workflow management for remote and in-office employees.
- Track employee work hours on the desktop, mobile, or web app.
- Clock in and out automatically with the Geofenced Time Tracking feature (only on the Android and iOS mobile apps).
- Generate timesheets for payroll and client billing.
- Manage and distribute tasks with ease using their employee scheduling software.
- Monitor employee productivity with website and app tracking.
Hubstaff has a 14-day free trial. Its paid plans start at $7/user per month for a minimum of two users.
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1290+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (400+ reviews)
Read our Detailed Hubstaff Review to know if it’s a viable tool for your business.
Timesheets.com is a web-based timesheet tool for small and medium-sized businesses. It offers several features to help streamline your business.
- Record time data using the punch clock or a timesheet.
- Approve or reject time off requests with built-in time off and PTO (Paid Time Off) features.
- Track every billable hour, activity, and expense for quick invoicing and payroll.
- Eliminate time theft with an IP (Internet Protocol) locking tool by restricting clock punches to specific locations.
- Monitor your employee’s punch time location with GPS tracking.
Timesheets.com’s basic time clock and time off features are free. Meanwhile, its advanced time clock software is available in paid plans starting from $5.50/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (760+ reviews)
- G2: 4.2/5 (460+ reviews)
Harvest is a cloud-based time and expense tracking software suitable for businesses of all sizes. Its offers various time tracking features for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Track time manually or automatically on any device.
- Record expenses and budget use for projects.
- Access in-depth project and finance reports for easy bookkeeping.
- Generate invoices automatically based on time tracked for projects.
- Integrate with tools like Google Calendar, Slack, and Trello.
Harvest has a 30-day free trial. Their paid plans start from $12/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (500+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (760+ reviews)
Check out our Harvest Time Tracking Review.
5. Toggl Track
A cloud-based time tracking tool, Toggl Track has several project and time management features that help you to analyze workforce productivity. The app is used by businesses of all sizes and freelancers.
- Track employee time on desktop or mobile devices with an automatic time tracker.
- Assign billable rates to a specific task, project, or team member.
- Bill clients and allocate project budgets with multiple software integrations.
- Check employee productivity to see who is overworked or slacking.
- Review profitability and productivity with labor cost insights.
Toggl Track has a 30-day free trial. Its paid plans start from $10/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1890+ reviews)
- G2: 4.6/5 (1500+ reviews)
Discover more of Toggl Track’s Features in our Detailed Review.
BigTime is a Professional Services Automation (PSA) and time tracking software. Small businesses and large firms use it for client billing, invoicing, and expense management.
- Record time automatically as you work.
- Track expenses and budgets for tasks, projects, and clients.
- Streamline your workflow with software integrations like Slack and GSuite.
- Distribute manpower and resources for projects using the resource allocation feature.
- Generate real-time project profitability reports.
You can try the BigTime software with its 14-day free trial. Its paid plans start from $10/user per month (billed annually) for a minimum of 5 users.
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (580+ reviews)
- G2: 4.5/5 (1140+ reviews)
monday.com is a project management solution provider with a wide range of users, spanning marketing, sales, IT, and the human resource fields. It has time and productivity tracking features to help simplify your team’s work process.
- Automate repetitive tasks for time tracking, email notifications, and more.
- Streamline your team’s workflow with several software integrations, like Google Calendar, Zoom, and Jira.
- Collaborate in real-time on work documents.
- Optimize task management with Gantt charts.
- Manage projects with a configurable Kanban board feature.
monday.com has a 14-day free trial. Its paid plans start from $10/user per month for a minimum of three users.
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (2970+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (6340+ reviews)
8. Buddy Punch
Buddy Punch is an online time clock app that helps track employee time and location. The app provides automation features to ease your team’s workflow.
- Clock in and out on the mobile app with facial recognition or a QR code.
- Restrict employee clock ins to specific locations with the geofencing feature.
- Drag-and-drop functionality for quick task scheduling and distribution.
- Calculate overtime to generate an accurate payroll.
- Integrate with other project management and payroll software, like Zapier and PayPlus.
Buddy Punch has a 14-day free trial. The prices for its paid plans start from $3.49 /user per month with an additional $19 base fee per month.
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (740+ reviews)
- G2: 4.8/5 (150+ reviews)
ClickUp is a customizable cloud-based project management software. It helps teams plan, organize, and collaborate on projects.
- Track time spent on tasks manually or automatically with ClickUp’s time tracking app.
- Allocate resources accurately based on the time estimate reporting feature.
- Generate in-depth reports for productivity analysis and billing.
- Organize teams and departments by spaces and projects.
- Customize your workspace with ClickApps that add different functionalities or use their premade templates.
ClickUp offers a forever free plan for personal use. Paid plans for businesses start from $9/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3240+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (5110+ reviews)
10. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a cloud-based project management tool for time and cost tracking. It has many features to boost your business’ profitability.
- Log work hours on a user-friendly interface.
- Monitor project timelines and employee workflow
- Track billable hours and other work time with comprehensive timesheets and records.
- Generate detailed reports to review project profitability and employee productivity.
- Allocate costs and track budgets based on projects and clients.
Time Analytics has a 14-day free trial. Its paid plans start at $4.99 /user per month.
- Capterra: NA
- G2: NA
Final verdict: Best Replicon alternative
There are many project management and time tracking software that are excellent alternatives to Replicon.
However, if you’re looking for a comprehensive product that’s cost-effective, Time Doctor is the most suitable Replicon alternative.
Why not sign up for Time Doctor’s 14-day free trial to see why it’s perfect for your business?