Looking for an in-depth TimeCamp vs Toggl comparison?
From better time and productivity management to easy invoicing, time tracking offers many benefits.
And while tools like TimeCamp and Toggl can help you track time, they also offer several other functionalities.
TimeCamp offers productivity and invoice management features, whereas, Toggl provides insightful reports and integrates with various work tools.
So which tracking app should you pick?
In this article, we’ll compare TimeCamp vs Toggl to help you choose the right software. We’ll highlight their key features, tool integrations, compatibility, and pricing plans.
We’ll also go over a better alternative to help you boost productivity effortlessly.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
- What is TimeCamp?
- What is Toggl?
- TimeCamp vs Toggl: Detailed Comparison
- A Better Alternative To Productivity Monitoring
Let’s get started.
What is TimeCamp?
TimeCamp is a time tracking tool suitable for small to medium-sized businesses that help them track time and measure project profitability.
It also offers features like employee timesheets, time diaries, and automatic task detection.
With TimeCamp, you can:
- Automatically track time and stay focused on work.
- Measure productivity and the time spent on different websites and apps.
- Create and share custom reports to match your own needs.
- Track idle time spent on meetings and offline activities.
- Define cost and timeline budgets for each project.
What is Toggl?
Toggl Track is a cloud-based time tracker app designed for freelancers or small businesses to manage their work hours.
Apart from time tracking and timesheets, it also offers revenue tracking and basic project management features.
Toggl Track helps you:
- Learn what team members are spending most of their time on.
- Filter and sort various reports for readability.
- Monitor profitability as you can compare payroll to your billables
- Estimate timeline and budgets for easy project management.
- Integrate with business tools to manage work effortlessly.
TimeCamp vs Toggl: Detailed Comparison
While TimeCamp and Toggl are time tracking tools, they offer other features to help you manage everything from the same platform.
Here’s an in-depth comparison of various functionalities they offer:
1. Time Tracking
Let’s see how TimeCamp and Toggl differ in time tracking:
TimeCamp offers two modes for tracking time – manual and automatic mode.
In manual mode, you can track time as follows:
- Enter the total duration of time you spent on a specific task.
- Use the built-in timer to track time for a specific task. Simply click “Start Timer” and “Stop Timer” as you work through your task.
TimeCamp’s automatic mode tracks time by recognizing tasks based on predefined keywords. This app looks for keywords in application names, URL addresses, or window titles.
Toggl Track offers multiple ways to help you track time spent on tasks.
You can track time in:
- Manual Mode: Enter the time entries for the desired task.
- Timer Mode: Start and stop the timer using the play/pause button.
You can also use Toggl Track’s auto-tracker to track time automatically.
The auto-tracker is triggered when you open a specific tool or type keywords. You can adjust these triggers under Toggl’s “Autotracker” tab.
TimeCamp and Toggl Track provide both manual and automatic tracking options to help you track time efficiently.
2. Productivity Tracking
The aim behind tracking time is to understand how productive it was.
Here’s how these two tools help in productivity tracking and management:
TimeCamp helps you track productivity in the following ways:
- Website And App Monitoring: Track time spent on apps, websites, and documents.
- Productivity Assistant: Set goals to measure productive time and idle time.
- Idle Time Tracking: Track inactive time and time spent on offline activities like meetings.
Toggl Track allows you to:
- Check who might be able to take more work.
- See team members who are over capacity.
- Find unaccounted, too short, or too long time entries.
- Automate email reminders for teammates who are behind in tracking the target hours.
Both TimeCamp and Toggl can help you with productivity management. However, TimeCamp offers more dedicated features for managing employee productivity.
3. Reporting and Analytics
Here’s a quick look into both tools’ reporting capabilities:
TimeCamp’s reporting feature allows you to create summaries from time entries and other data.
However, the availability of reports depends on the plan you use.
Some of the free reports include:
- Dashboard: Summary of projects and tasks.
- Away Time: Shows projects, tasks, and users.
- Activities: Summary of tasks, users, days.
- Categories: List down by time entries.
Toggl Track offers various reports to reveal actionable insights.
Here’s a take at some of them:
- Weekly report: Shows how much time you’ve tracked over the last week.
- Summary report: Get a broader view of your tracked time by viewing the billable hours, clocked hours, etc., for various tasks.
- Detailed report: See individual time entries over a selected time range. You can even filter the data by user, project, task, or more.
You can also save any report with specified filters and date ranges and share them with your clients.
Additionally, you can schedule these reports to be automatically emailed to avoid the hassle of logging in to the app every time.
TimeCamp and Toggl offer various reports to help you analyze data that are critical to your business and productivity.
4. Billing and Invoice
Keeping track of all the billables and non-billables manually can be time-consuming.
Here’s how TimeCamp and Toggl can help you with billing and invoice management:
For billing and invoicing needs, TimeCamp can help you:
- Set up billing rates for your team, projects, or clients.
- Estimate project costs and timespan budgets and track their performance.
- Stay updated when a project is about to cross its time or cost budgets.
- Convert the time data and billing rates into precise financial reports.
Additionally, TimeCamp allows you to convert timesheet data into invoices.
You can also:
- Set up tax rates that are applicable in a specific country.
- Integrate with PayPal for easy payments.
Toggl Track can help you generate accurate invoices.
It offers features like:
- Assign billable rates by projects, workspace, or team members.
- Tag billable and non-billable hours.
- Assign labor costs by team members to compare your payroll with your billables.
You can use this data to monitor multiple projects and clients that are profitable for your company.
Toggl also offers a blank invoice template that you can easily customize via Adobe Reader.
Both TimeCamp and Toggl offer support for billing and invoice. However, TimeCamp provides more extensive invoicing features.
5. Integrations with Other Tools
Integrations help you manage work easily and improve productivity.
Here’s a list of tools both TimeCamp and Toggl integrates with:
TimeCamp can integrate with various workplace tools to help you track time without changing your current workflows.
Some key integrations are:
- Collaboration: Slack, iCal, Google Calendar.
- Project Management: Asana, ClickUp, Trello.
- CRM and Sales: Salesforce, Insightly.
- Customer Support: Freshdesk, Zendesk.
- Web Development: Azure DevOps, GitHub, GitLab.
Toggl Track allows third party integration with more than a hundred tools. You can also track time directly from other business tools with its Chrome extension.
Some of Toggl’s key integrations:
- Project Management: Asana, Basecamp, Todoist.
- Web Development: GitHub, Visual Studio, Jira.
- Communication: Slack, Gmail, Flow.
- Note Taking: Evernote, WordPress, OnlyOffice.
- CRMs: Salesforce, Zendesk, Capsule CRM.
Both tools can integrate with a variety of work tools. However, Toggl Track offers more integration options than TimeCamp.
6. Platform Compatibility
Here are the platforms TimeCamp and Toggl are available on:
TimeCamp is available on the following operating systems:
- Desktop: Linux, macOS, Windows.
- Mobile: Android, iOS.
TimeCamp also offers a browser extension for Google Chrome.
Toggl Track provides a desktop app for Mac, Windows, and Linux systems.
It also offers an Android and iOS app for mobiles and a browser extension for Firefox and Chrome.
Both TimeCamp and Toggl are compatible with all the major platforms. However, Toggl Track also offers a browser extension for Firefox.
7. Pricing Plans
Let’s take a quick look into the pricing plans provided by TimeCamp Toggl:
TimeCamp offers Solo, a free plan for a single user with support for unlimited tasks and projects, productivity reports, and integration for one tool.
Here are the different paid pricing plans:
- Basic: $7/user per month – includes “Solo” features + advanced time tracking + unlimited integrations + reports export + billable time and budgeting.
- Pro: $10/user per month – includes “Basic” features + billing rates + attendance tracking + invoicing + timesheet approval.
- Enterprise: contact support for a custom quote – includes “Pro” features + personalized training + private cloud implementation + self-hosted server.
TimeCamp offers a 14-day free trial for all its plans without any credit card requirement.
Toggl’s free plan can support up to five users and offers features like time tracking, Pomodoro timer, and idle detection.
This time tracking app provides three paid plans:
- Starter: $10/user per month – includes “Free” features time estimates + billable rates + project templates + time rounding.
- Premium: $20/user per month – includes “Starter” features + unlimited projects + time tracking reminders + project dashboard + scheduled reports.
- Enterprise: Contact support for a custom quote – includes Premium plan features + supports unlimited users + expert training and assistance.
Toggl also offers a 30-day free trial to its paid plans. However, it requires a credit card.
Both the time tracking software offers multiple pricing plans and a free trial to its paid plan. However, TimeCamp’s plans are more cost-friendly.
A Better Alternative to Productivity Monitoring
We have now compared both TimeCamp and Toggl on several fronts, including their tracking features.
But before coming to a decision, there’s another tool that you should consider…
It’s called Time Doctor — a user-friendly tool that offers advanced productivity management features for teams of all sizes.
What is Time Doctor?
Time Doctor is a powerful employee productivity management software used by major corporations and small businesses to boost employee productivity.
This productivity management app helps you:
- Easily track employee time manually or automatically.
- Get insights into performance with various accurate reports.
- Categorize websites based on productivity ratings.
- Track inactivity to monitor productivity levels better.
- Use various employee-friendly productivity management settings.
- Generate employee’s payroll at any point in time.
- Set access level for users manager, client, and admin.
- Integrate with task management and accounting tools, like QuickBooks and Jira.
- Track time from anywhere on Mac, Windows, Chrome, and other operating platforms.
Time Doctor also offers Productivity Ratings, an advanced productivity management feature that isn’t offered by TimeCamp and Toggl.
This feature helps you rate websites and apps as:
Rating websites and applications on the basis of their productivity give an accurate measure of productivity.
Moreover, unlike Toggl, Time Doctor also offers Screencasts. Screencasts are an optional feature that captures automatic screenshots or videos of screens during an employee’s work hours.
To protect privacy, this productivity management software allows you to blur or delete screenshots that contain sensitive information.
Additionally, Time Doctor offers payroll management features. It can integrate with payment methods like Paypal, TransferWise, Gusto, and ADP for easy payments, whereas, TimeCamp can only integrate with Paypal.
TimeCamp offers both manual and automatic time tracking with extensive invoicing features. On the other hand, Toggl Track provides insight into your team and projects with detailed reports.
And while both TimeCamp and Toggl are great tools, they can’t track productivity like Time Doctor.
Time Doctor offers all the functionalities you need in a powerful time and productivity management tool.
Sign up for a free trial of Time Doctor today and simplify productivity management!