ClickTime and Replicon are time tracking tools that help businesses streamline their workflows and improve their bottom lines.
They also offer great productivity features like time tracking, reporting, payroll processing, etc., to boost business operations.
But the overlap in their features makes it hard to decide which is the better tool for you.
Want a detailed ClickTime vs Replicon review?
Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered!
In this article, we’ll compare ClickTime vs Replicon to help you choose the right tool. We’ll also highlight a better alternative to improve your productivity levels and skyrocket your profitability.
ClickTime vs Replicon: An in-depth comparison
1. Tool overview
Headquartered in San Francisco, United States, ClickTime is a cloud-based timesheet app for businesses of all kinds.
ClickTime allows you to track, plan, and manage employee time for maximum efficiency and profitability. A project manager can use this timesheet app to track expenses, take screenshots, and manage employee performance.
The app can be used by all businesses, from small business firms to non-profit organizations.
Here are some more ClickTime features:
- Manage timesheets and track work hours automatically.
- Integrate with apps like Google Calendar and QuickBooks for optimized workflows.
- Monitor project progress and profitability with powerful reports.
- Configure expense tracking functions to suit business needs.
Replicon is a SaaS company that offers an extensive time management app. Its clients include information technology companies, such as Siemens and NTT.
The time tracking solution enables you to:
- Track employee hours on timesheets and with a time clock.
- Monitor attendance with its attendance tracking function.
- Set up project manager approvals for employee timesheets and time-off requests.
- Automate expense tracking, billable hours, and expense approvals.
Next, let’s take a closer look at these features.
2. Time tracking
As time tracking is the primary objective of both ClickTime and Replicon, these apps offer a host of features to boost time management.
Let’s see how they differ from each other.
This time tracking software tracks time through a timesheet. You can either do this manually or automatically via its Stopwatch feature.
Follow these steps to track time automatically:
- Choose Show Stopwatch from your Day View options screen.
- Then select a task from the dropdown menu and click Play to start.
- Click the red Stop icon to stop the timer or the yellow Pause icon when you need a break.
ClickTime time tracking software lets you:
- Duplicate previous time entries with its Quick Day time entry feature.
- Save multiple time entries for more than one day at a time with its Week View.
- Flag half-done timesheets with its Incomplete Timesheet Tracker.
- Send reminders to employees who haven’t recorded their time.
Replicon is a user-friendly workforce management and time tracking solution that lets you track time on tasks and manage employee attendance effortlessly.
With Replicon, you won’t have to worry about missing time entries as it lets you track time automatically on its timesheets.
- Click a cell for the current day.
- Select the Start Stopwatch link from the Comment dialog box.
- Click on the timesheet cell when you want to stop the timer.
- Select the Start Stopwatch link again if you wish to continue tracking time for the task.
Here’s what it does:
- Uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to track time data and timesheets.
- Lets you create custom timesheet templates to track time according to your needs.
- Helps manage remote and onsite teams with its GPS tracking feature.
- Eliminates manual time data checks with custom rules, like specific work hours.
Both tools offer manual and automatic time tracking. However, Replicon offers more time tracking features like GPS tracking and custom rules to optimize manual time data checks.
3. Productivity management
Tracking and improving productivity levels is a major reason businesses track time.
Let’s see how ClickTime and Replicon help in productivity management.
This timesheet app allows you to track productivity through its utilization rates feature, which generates the percentage of an employee’s billable hours.
Use utilization tracking to:
- Observe custom reports and dashboards to track necessary productivity information.
- Reduce each project’s non billable hours.
- Check if a project team is over-staffed.
- Empower employees to track their own utilization rates to achieve individual productivity goals.
To help you manage productivity, the software offers incredible project tracking features that help you:
- Set cost and time budgets for each project.
- Categorize critical tasks, define project milestones, and quickly add relevant task descriptions.
- Increase employee accountability by providing real-time insight into their work hours.
- Track vital metrics like expense, utilization rates, estimates vs actuals, etc., to make good business decisions.
ClickTime uses utilization rates and activity reports to track productivity. Meanwhile, Replicon offers project tracking features, like project time and cost estimates vs actuals and expense tracking.
Employee productivity and performance reports help you gain insights into your team’s work processes. You can then use this information to optimize necessary business workflows.
Let’s find out how ClickTime and Replicon does in the reporting aspect.
The timesheet software offers around 80+ in-app pre-built reports to help you track project performance.
Let’s check out some of these reports.
- Visual dashboards: Track important financial, operational, and employee performance trends.
- Nonprofit reporting: Filter and analyze company expenses by employee, client, and project categories.
- Overtime reporting: Check employee overtime, time-off, and track permissions.
Besides these reports, you can create custom reports to analyze productivity metrics, business trends, and team performance according to your organizational needs.
Some of the reports offered by Replicon are:
- Project reports: Compare actual time and cost data to estimates.
- Team reports: See an overview of your team’s timesheets, planned time offs, and overtime.
- Administrator reports: Monitor employee log-ins and time punches.
The time tracking software also lets you generate custom reports based on pre-built templates.
ClickTime offers over 80 plus in-built reports along with customization features. Replicon, too, offers detailed time data and productivity reports on teams, projects, and resources, albeit to a lesser extent than ClickTime.
5. Time-off management
A proper time-off management system helps run your business efficiently by balancing employees’ time-off demands and your project needs.
It also helps you stay legally compliant since many countries, like New Zealand, require you to track employee paid time-off, leave accrued, etc.
To streamline time management, ClickTime allows you to:
- Enable employees to view their remaining leaves and request time-off with a single click.
- Assign managers to approve time-off requests with a single click quickly.
- View employee availability to create schedules and streamline task allocation.
Replicon offers a time-off manager feature that allows you to:
- Enable employees to request partial and full days off.
- Create document submission rules like medical certificates for time-off requests.
- Notify project managers of time-off requests with real-time mobile push notifications.
Both apps enable employees to view their leftover leaves and request time-offs with a few clicks. But Replicon also lets you create time-off rules to stay legally compliant with specific country laws.
6. Resource management
Let’s look at how ClickTime and Replicon differ with regards to resource management.
ClickTime has a resource planning tool that lets you input a monthly project budget and allot employee hours hassle free. You can:
- Allocate monthly billing goals for individual employees.
- View employees with free time for resource allocation.
- Get alerts when a project exceeds its budget.
Replicon offers Polaris, a resource planning system to simplify resource allocation for any business type that can:
- Allocate resources based on employee availability and utilization rates.
- Use the SmartMatch feature to create schedules with automated resource allocation recommendations.
- Enable quick employee hiring/training to meet project resource requirements.
ClickTime enables you to allocate employees according to each project budget. In contrast, Replicon offers Polaris, a resource management tool to optimize scheduling according to skill sets and individual calendars.
Integrations are essential to track billable hours across multiple platforms and create hassle free, productive workflows.
So let’s check out the different tools ClickTime and Replicon integrate with:
ClickTime offers several integrations like:
- Accounting: QuickBooks, Xero
- Communication: Slack, Glip
- CRM: Salesforce, Hubspot
- Google apps: Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Spreadsheets.
Here are some tools the software integrates with:
- Project management: Wrike, Asana
- Accounting: QuickBooks, Sage Intacct
- CRM: Workday, Salesforce
- Incident management: Atlassian, GitHub
ClickTime offers a more diverse variety of integrations to improve different aspects of business management.
Companies prefer a time tracking software that supports multiple operating systems for flexible employee timesheet tracking options.
Here’s the operating systems ClickTime and Replicon support:
ClickTime is available on these platforms:
- Desktop: Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and Chromebook.
- Mobile app: Android and iPhone.
- Browser extensions: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome.
You can access Replicon on the following platforms:
- Desktop: Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and Chromebook.
- Mobile app: Android, iPhone, and iPad.
- Browser extensions: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari.
Both these tools are compatible with popular platforms, like Windows, Android, Chrome extensions, and so on. But Replicon also supports iPad and Apple Safari browser extensions.
Here are the pricing plans ClickTime and Replicon offer:
ClickTime offers four pricing plans:
- Starter: Plans start from$13/user per month.
- Team: Plans start from $17/user per month.
- Premier: Plans start from $28/user per month.
- Enterprise: Price available upon request.
Replicon plans are billed according to add-ons. It offers three plans:
- Time and attendance: Plans start from $6/user per month.
- Project time tracking: Plans start from around $12/user per month.
- Professional service management suite: Plans start from $29/user per month.
ClickTime offers different pricing plans based on team sizes, while Replicon’s plans are based on the services they offer.
Now, let’s look at what these tools lack.
Limitations of Clicktime and Replicon
Here are some drawbacks of ClickTime and Replicon time tracking apps:
1. Allows time tracking only on timesheets
Both tools require you to fill tasks on timesheets first and then track time. This could result in time data errors, like wrong tasks or project names.
2. No productivity ratings
Both of these tools don’t offer productivity ratings, nor do they track the websites and apps employees visit during work hours. This makes it difficult to judge how productively your employees spend their work hours.
3. Less friendly user interface
ClickTime offers quite an outdated user interface, while Replicon has a complicated user set-up process. This may result in a longer onboarding process or learning curve.
To steer clear of these issues and access more advanced time tracking features, there’s another tool you should consider before making a choice.
A better alternative to monitor productivity: Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a powerful employee time tracking and productivity management software. It’s used by large companies like Ericsson and small businesses like Thrive Market.
Time Doctor lets you:
- Track time manually and automatically.
- Generate comprehensive reports to analyze employee performance.
- Track idle minutes to track productivity better.
- Categorize the website and apps used by employees based on productivity ratings.
- Integrate with popular tools like Jira, Asana, etc.
- Initiate employee payroll effortlessly for any point in time.
Its basic paid plan starts from $7/user per month with a free 14 trial period (without credit card information.)
ClickTime offers simple timesheets, an easy time tracker, and several pre-built reports to track productivity effortlessly. Meanwhile, Replicon offers project time tracking and customization features more suited for large enterprises.
However, these apps track time only on timesheets and don’t offer productivity ratings. So if you’re searching for a more advanced and flexible tool, look no further than Time Doctor.
The app offers incredible time tracking, payroll, and productivity features to optimize business workflows and skyrocket your profitability.
So why not sign up for a free trial of Time Doctor and experience the transformation yourself?