There’s only so much your team leader can do if they don’t have insight into what their team needs.
For instance, without looking into how much time each project takes, you might constantly fall behind schedule and submit things late.
However, with the right team management tool, you can improve collaboration and empower your team leaders and members to take charge of their workflows.
In this article, we’ll explore 13 amazing team management software tools that you can use to not only track project progress but also to increase employee engagement and productivity at your organization.
Let’s dive in.
The 13 best team management software for your business
Here are our top picks for team management and collaboration software solutions you can use in your company.
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a powerful time tracking and task management software solution that’s trusted by both large as well as small businesses alike.
It’s available for download on Mac, Windows, and Linux devices with a mobile app for Android mobile devices.
Here’s a list of some of the features Time Doctor has to offer.
A) Time tracking
Time Doctor offers your in-office and remote workforce two ways of tracking time – manual/interactive and automatic/silent.
Your team members have to download the desktop app to track work time using the manual/interactive method. Once they do, they simply have to enter a task name and click on the ‘Start’ button to start tracking the time for that task.
To take a break, they can press the ‘Stop’ button, and the tool will stop tracking time.
In the automatic/silent mode, the tool will start running as soon as the team member starts their computer. It will run silently in the background without interfering with your employee’s work activities.
B) Idle time tracking
If a team member has been idle for too long, Time Doctor will send them a pop-up notification gently nudging them back to work. They can also take this opportunity to take a break.
To remove the notification, the team member must simply press the mouse button or any keyboard key.
C) Tasks and projects
Time Doctor’s project management feature allows you to create multiple projects and tasks. You can also use this feature to assign tasks and projects to specific employees.
To create a project, the admin or project manager has to:
- Ensure ‘Use Projects & Tasks’ is enabled under Company Settings.
- Click on ‘Project & Tasks’ under the dropdown menu in Settings.
- Select ‘Create a Project’ and add the project name.
- Press the ‘+’ icon to add the project to your project list.
You can create separate tasks under each project and assign them to your team members.
To create a new task, select a project name and click on ‘Add Task’ under the task tab. Then enter a name for the task and press ‘Save.’
To assign tasks to employees, tap the ‘People’ tab under the selected project and add the team members.
D) Productivity reports
Using Time Doctor, you can access multiple reports to analyze your team’s productivity. Some of these are:
- Timeline reports: View daily and weekly reports of the user’s total work hours.
- Attendance reports: Check whether an employee was present, absent, late, or partially absent.
- Hours tracked reports: See the total number of hours tracked daily, weekly, or monthly by each employee.
- Projects and tasks reports: Detailed reports of time spent on each task and project over a specific time period.
- Web and app usage reports: Websites and applications your team members visited during work hours.
E) Payroll management
Time Doctor’s payroll management feature allows you to pay your salaried employees and freelancers from the application itself.
You can review the timesheets and pay them according to the work done.
Time Doctor offers a free 14-day trial of each feature with no credit card details required. After this, you can opt for a paid plan starting at $7/user per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (270+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (400+ reviews)
Asana is a project management software solution that makes it easier for a team to collaborate, organize, and track multiple projects together.
Read our article on Asana time tracking here.
- Helps you visualize project milestones so you can track progress.
- Provides a robust API to integrate Asana with the work management tool of your choice.
- Offers native integrations with Dropbox, Google Drive, Slack, and GitHub for file sharing.
Asana offers a free plan for 15 users. For teams with more than 15 members, paid plans start at $13.49/user per month.
- G2: 4.3/5 (8,100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (10,600+ reviews)
Basecamp is a real-time team communication and collaboration tool that keeps all your project information in one place.
- Creates to-do lists for all work your project manager needs to do, including setting due dates and assigning tasks.
- Offers a group chat feature so your remote team can interact with each other.
- Allows you to schedule tasks and other important deadlines on a shared calendar view.
Basecamp offers a 30-day free trial with no credit card details required. It provides a free plan for three projects and 20 users.
If you need unlimited users or unlimited projects, you can go for the paid plan at $99/month.
- G2: 4.1/5 (4,900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (13,500+ reviews)
Check out which Basecamp integrations you need!
Bitrix24 is an online workspace offering various tools for task management, project management, collaboration, file sharing, and more.
- Provides a messaging feature so team members can quickly discuss ideas and share files.
- Features an online time tracker so users can record all their work time.
- Saves time on recurring tasks by automating them, e.g., receiving a daily SEO report.
Bitrix24 offers a free plan with limited 5GB storage. For larger storage capacities and customer support functionalities, you can opt for a paid plan starting at $49/month.
- G2: 4.1/5 (440+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (500+ reviews)
ClickUp is a task management solution that makes managing projects and tasks a breeze. It’s a single app for all your tasks, docs, chats, and more.
Check out some excellent ClickUp time tracking tools.
- Provides a hierarchical overview of every task within your organization.
- Nests subtasks and checklists within larger tasks to create multi-step workflows.
- Allows team members to send and reply to comments within a single task.
ClickUp offers a free plan that’s ideal for a single user. For multiple users, you can go for a paid plan starting at $9/user per month.
- G2: 4.7/5 (4,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: (2,700+ reviews)
Jira is an agile project management software system that is part of the Atlassian family, along with Trello. It powers collaboration and teamwork across every aspect of your business.
- Offers Scrum and Kanban boards to help teams break complex projects into manageable pieces of work.
- Keeps different teams in sync with each other by providing full visibility through roadmaps.
- Allows you to create customizable workflows that fit your organization best.
Jira Software offers a free 7-day trial of all its features. It also offers a free plan for a small team of up to 10 users.
If you have more than 10 team members, you can go for a paid plan starting at $7.50/user per month.
- G2: 4.2/5 (4,600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (11,600+ reviews)
Learn how to create a Jira time tracking report here.
monday.com is a task management solution that allows users to create their own workspaces and work management systems.
Look at the top monday.com time tracking tools.
- Visualizes project milestones and dependencies through a Gantt chart.
- Streamlines projects submissions by automating approvals systems.
- Simplifies decision-making by offering real-time insights into your team’s projects.
monday.com offers a free plan with unlimited docs and boards for two users.
If you have three or more team members, you can go for a paid plan starting at $10/user per month.
- G2: 4.7/5 (5,600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (2,500+ reviews)
nTask is a collaboration and task management software designed specifically for businesses.
Its intuitive project management platform helps you make checklists, manage complex projects, and much more.
- Helps you create and assign tasks to multiple team members in seconds.
- Creates prioritization for tasks by notifying members of which tasks are most urgent.
- Simplifies task management with a sleek Kanban board.
nTask offers a 14-day free trial of all its premium features. It also provides a free plan for teams with five members or less, which comes with unlimited tasks and workspaces.
For teams with more than five members, it offers paid plans starting at $4/user per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.9/5 (10+ reviews)
Podio is a collaboration tool that helps teams set up no-code workspaces to automate their workflows.
Learn about the Podio time tracking app.
- Allows users to share files for every project they’re working on.
- Breaks down projects and workflows into easily manageable pieces.
- Offers a user-friendly mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Podio offers a free plan for up to five users.
If your team has more than five members or requires features such as unlimited users or advanced workflow automation, you can go for a paid plan starting at $9/user per month.
- G2: 4.1/5 (380+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (280+ reviews)
Scoro is an end-to-end work management software system that helps collaborative teams work more efficiently and make the right decision using actionable data.
- Improves team time management through a built-in time tracker.
- Helps your sales team track individual sales targets with their CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Offers integrations with apps such as Evernote, Harvest, and Trello, and an API for easy integration with any app of your choice.
Scoro offers a 14-day free trial of all its features. After this, you can choose one of its paid plans starting at $28/user per month.
These plans include features such as a task list, invoices, and a Gantt chart and its dependencies.
- G2: 4.5/5 (280+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (170+ reviews)
11. Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a team and task management tool that helps you plan projects so you can deliver them without any last-minute rush.
- Help you build visual roadmaps and project schedules with drag and drop timelines.
- Gives you a timeline view of your team’s tasks and projects.
- Provides a bird’s eye view of your project plans and team capacity for the month, quarter, or year.
Toggl Plan offers a free 14-day trial of all features, following which, you can go for a paid plan starting at $9/user per month.
These plans include features such as time tracking, visual workload management, and integration with Toggl Track.
- G2: 4.3/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
Wrike is a customizable work management platform specifically designed for project planning, management, and team collaboration.
Check out the pros and cons of Wrike’s time tracking feature.
- Allows users to track project time manually or by using a timer to focus on billable hours.
- Simplifies your financial tasks through in-built invoicing software.
- Enables better collaboration by helping you share files and reports instantly.
Wrike offers a 14-day free trial. After this, you can either choose the free plan for up to five users or a paid one starting at $9.80/user per month.
- G2: 4.2/5 (2,400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (1,700+ reviews)
13. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a cloud-based project management software solution that can help your team handle complex projects easily through multiple task tracking and team collaboration features.
- Breaks down each project into milestones, task list, subtasks, etc., for easy task management.
- Saves your time by creating task and project templates you can use for recurring tasks.
- Offers customizable project layouts, fields, status, functions, and domain.
Zoho Projects offers a 10-day free trial with no credit card details required. It has a free plan for up to three users, while paid plans start at $4/user per month.
- G2: 4.2/5 (260+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (240+ reviews)
The right project management tool can help your team leader and members save time, improve their workflows, and give you a bird’s eye view of proper resource management.
You can use the list above to make the right choice for a software solution for your business. But when it comes to the one with the most bang for your buck, we’d recommend Time Doctor.
Time Doctor offers you project and task management capabilities, along with robust time tracking and productivity reports to help you gain actionable insight into how your team operates.
Why not start your free 14-day trial of Time Doctor today?