Whether your team works remotely or moves from one job site to another, a mobile time tracking app can help keep you in the loop.
They can ensure your timesheets are accurate and that your team remains productive even when they’re out of the office.
However some mobile tracking systems are better than others, so it’s essential to choose wisely.
To help you out, we’ve detailed 15 great mobile time tracking apps, their key features, pricing, and customer reviews.
Table of Contents
- 15 convenient mobile time tracking apps
Let’s get started.
15 convenient mobile time tracking apps
If tracking time on the go is important for your business, here are 15 of the best time management solutions for mobile time tracking.
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a leading time tracking and performance management tool used by major companies like Verizon and Ericsson, as well as medium and small businesses like Thrive Market, to enhance productivity company-wide.
Let’s explore some of Time Doctor’s robust features:
A. Flexible mobile and desktop time tracking
i) Mobile time tracking
To start tracking time on the mobile app, you’ll first need to search the Google Play store for the Time Doctor 2 app. Then you’ll have to install the app on your device to begin tracking time.
Here’s how to track time on the mobile app:
- Run the app and log into your Time Doctor account.
- You’ll see the tasks and projects you’re assigned to.
- Select the project you’ll be working on.
- Click on the radio button alongside the appropriate task to begin tracking time.
For added flexibility, the app will also ask you if it should automatically stop tracking time. It’s optional but may come in handy if you forget to stop the timer.
ii) Desktop time tracking
On the desktop app, you can track time using two convenient modes.
The interactive timer lets you track time for different tasks using a simple start/stop timer.
Here’s how it works:
- Open the Time Doctor app and enter a task name.
- Click Start when you want to begin tracking time.
- Click on Stop when you’re done or need a break.
And for those that prefer to track time automatically, Time Doctor has an automatic mode. In this mode, the timer begins recording as soon as the user turns on their computer.
The app will continue to track time silently in the background as the user works.
B. Idle time tracking
Time Doctor also tracks your team’s idle time – the minutes/seconds users spend without mouse or keyboard activity.
Admins can set an idle-time limit (for example, 5 minutes.) When users reach that limit, they’ll receive a notification on the screen nudging them to continue working or take a break.
Note: Time Doctor isn’t a keystroke logger and doesn’t record keys pressed. It only checks for mouse and keyboard activity.
C. Tasks and projects
You can easily create and assign tasks and projects to specific employees. This makes project management much easier. You can track how long employees spend on each task as well as how long they spend on the project as a whole.
This is also useful for appraisals, as it allows you to assess how long individual team members take to complete tasks.
D. Productivity reports
Time Doctor offers several detailed time reports offering in-depth data based on tracked hours.
Here are some of the comprehensive reports you can generate:
- Timeline report: View the daily and weekly reports of the user’s total work hours.
- Attendance report: See whether an employee was present, absent, late, or partially present.
- Hours tracked report: View the total number of hours tracked daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Projects and tasks report: View detailed reports of time spent on each task and project over a specific period.
- Custom export report: View data reflecting custom fields according to your preference.
With Time Doctor’s payroll feature, you can streamline your company’s payroll process and run accurate payroll based on the hours your team tracked.
To generate a payroll report:
- Select the team members you want to include in the payroll.
- Set different pay rules for each team member, including pay rate, currency, and pay periods.
- Choose the preferred payment methods – Wise, ADP, PayPal, and Gusto.
You can also make quick batch payments by manually uploading your payroll as a CSV file to PayPal or Wise.
Time Doctor has a 14-day free trial (no credit card required) and its paid plans start at $7/user per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (270+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (400+ reviews)
2. Timesheet Mobile
Timesheet Mobile is a time tracking solution that works like an automatic punch clock. It’s especially useful for the homecare, construction, cleaning, security, energy, and catering industries.
- Clock in and out manually or automatically using the geofence feature.
- Set up employee shifts and schedules that your team can view on their mobile devices.
- Take photos on your mobile device and upload images directly to the Project+ feature for collaboration.
- The mobile app has a built-in pre-shift COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
Plans start at $14.99/month for a company subscription plus $3.49/employee per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
3. Buddy Punch
Buddy Punch is a time card and employee shift scheduling app with several useful mobile features. It also offers GPS and webcam images to show who’s clocking in and out.
- Clock in and out on the desktop or mobile app with optional facial recognition and personalized QR codes.
- Monitor employee overtime and receive real-time alerts and notifications when employees near their maximum overtime hours.
- Track PTO (Paid Time Off) requests on the built-in calendar.
- Run custom reports based on recorded hours and export them to Excel.
Plans start at $19/month base fee plus $3.49/user per month. All plans come with a 14-day free trial.
- G2: 4.8/5 (120+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (670+ reviews)
ClickTime is a popular cloud-based time tracking app that lets you plan, track and manage employee time and productivity. It has a mobile timesheet app that allows employees to track time on the go.
- Track time on the mobile app to update timesheets automatically.
- Review and edit each employee time entry from your mobile device.
- Take snapshots of receipts for expense tracking and other documents to upload them via the mobile app.
- Documents uploaded on the mobile app automatically sync to the web-based app.
ClickTime’s plans start at $9/user per month. They also offer a 14-day free trial.
- G2: 4.3/5 (150+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (200+ reviews)
Connecteam is a feature-rich time tracking and collaboration solution for teams of all sizes. It’s particularly popular within the construction, cleaning, hospitality, retail, logistics, and field services industries.
- Clock in and clock out from the app on desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Approve and manage absence and PTO requests from the mobile app.
- Gain real-time visibility with GPS tracking.
- Receive notifications when employees are late or absent for shifts.
Paid plans start at $47/month for 50 users ($0.6/month for additional users.) There’s also a free limited plan and 14-day free trial.
- G2: 4.3/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (140+ reviews)
Clockify is a time tracker that supports both automatic and manual time recording on the browser extension, web, desktop and mobile apps.
- Track time on your computer or mobile device.
- Generate automatic timesheets based on tracked hours or manually fill in hours to generate custom timesheets.
- Use templates to load your daily/weekly activities quickly.
- Track time even when you’re offline. The data will sync once you connect to the internet again.
Paid plans start at $4.99/user per month, including a free trial period. There’s also a free limited plan available.
- G2: 4.5/5 (120+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (4,000+ reviews)
actiTIME is a time tracking software with both desktop and mobile time tracking, online and offline. It also offers several security features to keep your data safe.
- Generate automatic timesheets based on tracked data.
- Add comments to your timesheets to offer additional details of work.
- Calculate every billable hour and overtime based on state and company regulations.
- Generate several reports for payroll, invoicing, productivity assessments, etc.
actiTIME paid plans start at $7/user per month, including a 30-day free trial. There’s also a free limited plan for a maximum of three users.
- G2: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (80+ reviews)
8. Toggl Track
Toggl Track is an employee time tracking and billing solution that offers web, desktop, and mobile app tracking.
- Track time using multiple tools such as a one-click timer, silent automatic tracking, calendar integrations, etc.
- Generate several comprehensive reports to reveal actionable insights.
- Forecast timelines, budgets, and track progress as you go.
- Assign billable rates by workspace, team member, project, or project member.
Toggl Track’s paid plans start at $10/user per month, including a free 30-day trial. There’s also a free limited plan for a maximum of five users.
- G2: 4.6/5 (1,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1,800+ reviews)
9. Quickbooks Time
Quickbooks Time is a leading time tracking and payroll solution with mobile apps for both Android and iOS. It also has several useful scheduling features.
- Clock in or out, take a break, change job codes (for different clients/projects), add time sheet details, etc., with one click.
- Track and submit employee timesheets for approval from the mobile app.
- Create employee schedules by jobs or shifts.
- Gain valuable business insight with real-time, interactive reports.
Paid plans start at $10/company base fee plus $8/user per month. QuickBooks Time also offers a 30-day free trial.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1,400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (5,540+ reviews)
10. Time Clock Wizard
Time Clock Wizard is a straightforward employee time tracking and scheduling tool. It also offers helpful PTO management and payroll functions.
- Use the app on your Android or iOS phone or tablet to clock in and out from anywhere.
- Ensure remote employees are on task with screen captures.
- Receive real-time notifications for unscheduled clock-ins or clock-outs.
- Turn your tablet into a wall-mounted employee time clock.
Time Clock Wizard offers a free limited plan. Paid plans start at $24.95/month (unlimited users), including a free 14-day trial.
- G2: 4.6/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (80+ views)
allGEO is a GPS time clock app for companies with remote and mobile employees such as construction workers, sales reps, etc.
- Track time on any device with the time clock app for smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
- Record attendance using multiple modes, including a no-touch geofence time clock, manual GPS location tracking, geotagged text messages or IVR phone calls.
- Receive alerts when employees are late or absent.
- Automate scheduling and view the entire workforce’s schedule in a single view.
allGEO’s plans start at $7.50/user per month and a once-off set-up fee of $10/user.
- G2: 4.1/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (20+ reviews)
Timerack offers a cloud-based time tracking app and time clock hardware that employees must manually swipe in and out of. It also offers payroll and Human Resources services.
- Clock in and track time on your PC, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Receive a timestamped GPS record of sign-ins on the mobile app.
- Ensure employees are where they’re supposed to be with the real-time geofencing feature.
- Multiple employees can clock in and out on the same app, on the same mobile device using their unique pin.
Please get in touch with Timerack for pricing information.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
Timetac is a simple time and attendance system with mobile time tracking, clocking in machines, web-based time tracking, and location-based NFC (Near Field Communication) tracking.
- Track time on the iPhone or Android apps for smartphones and tablets.
- Manage requests for leave days or other absences from your mobile device.
- Track time for specific projects or locations using NFC technology via the mobile app.
- See where your employees sign in from using the geolocation feature.
Plans start at $19.28/user per month and include a two-month free trial.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (10+ reviews)
Chronotek is a user-friendly time clock software with GPS tracking for teams of all sizes. It also offers employee scheduling and payroll features.
- Clock in by phone, via the mobile app, or the web-based app.
- View job locations, time card hours, and personal schedules on the mobile app.
- Receive an immediate alert to your phone if an employee is late or absent for a shift.
- Generate automatic payroll reports and export them to Quickbooks Online (or your preferred accounting software) in a single click for quick payroll processing.
Chronotek’s pricing plans come with a base fee of $14 per month. Thereafter they charge $5/employee per month.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
Timr is an online time tracking software with GPS tracking functions. It’s suitable for office-based employees, remote teams, field teams, and mobile crews.
- Track time quickly from anywhere using the web app, iOS, or Android time clock kiosk app.
- Begin recording time offline, and the time data will sync when you have an internet connection.
- Track every project hour and mileage traveled in the same app.
- Record the time spent on projects with a stopwatch timer.
Plans start at $8.5/user per month and include a 14-day free trial. There’s also a free limited plan for one user.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
The best time tracking software helps business owners effectively manage and record employee hours from any location. This is the only way to ensure accurate employee performance insights and increased productivity. For that, you need a mobile time tracking app.
Now that we’ve highlighted the best mobile time tracking apps on the market, you can choose one that suits your needs.
But if you want the most comprehensive yet user-friendly solution, Time Doctor is the ideal software. It offers flexible time tracking, detailed productivity reports, and several other impressive features.
So why not sign up for Time Doctor’s free trial to see how you can easily track time on the go today.