Looking for a great Everhour alternative?
Everhour is a popular web-based productivity software that works as a simple start and stop time tracking tool. What makes it a little different is that it has a native integration feature with several popular workplace software.
For example, in its Asana integration, it works as a timer for project tracking.
However, with that being said, Everhour isn’t perfect.
To start with, most Everhour reviews point to downsides like its lack of a desktop app and limitations on its mobile app. So when it comes to being a comprehensive productivity solution, Everhour may not meet all your time management needs.
In this article, we’ll explore what makes a good time tracking software and highlight 7 excellent Everhour alternatives available today.
This Article Contains:
(Click the links to jump to a specific section)
- What To Look For In Everhour Alternatives
- The 7 Best Everhour Alternatives
(includes key features, pricing, ratings)
What to look for in Everhour alternatives
If you’ve started searching for an Everhour alternative, you’ve probably noticed the variety of tracking software options out there.
And having multiple options is great.
But with so many time tracking software to pick from, how do you decide which tool meets your business needs?
To help you out, here are some features to consider before hitting that download button for any time tracker:
1. Accurate time tracking
Accuracy is the key to any great time tracking software.
It should be able to track time from hours down to the second.
Seconds may not seem like much until they’re accumulated and you realize how it translates into billable hours for your project.
You don’t want to end up overbilling your clients for mistakes in manual time entry.
And you’d certainly not want to underbill them and lose money!
Accurate time tracking also tells you exactly how long a task took to complete. This helps you improve future project estimates as you can use your tracking tool data to determine baseline project times accurately.
The secret to a great time tracking software (or any other software for that matter) is how easy it is to use.
A time tracker that’s easy to install will minimize the time it takes for your team to start using it. Additionally, a time tracker should be as user-friendly as possible.
You don’t want your team members to:
- Waste too much time trying to work out how to use it.
- Give up and refuse to use it because it’s too complex.
Either of these will reduce productivity, which is counter-intuitive to what a time tracking software should do!
3. Multi-platform compatibility
What if your teams work in different locations, with some team members working away from a desktop?
You’d want a time tracking software that can work on most systems, so they can track work time anytime, anywhere.
A time tracker with both desktop app and mobile app functionality would be handy as it’ll help you always track your teams’ working hours. And if the tool has a browser extension, project time tracking would be even more flexible.
Additionally, it’s a good idea to find a time tracking software that integrates with many apps. This way, you’ll be able to keep track of time management across whatever software you’re using, be it for project management, resource planning or team collaboration.
4. Reporting capabilities
Time tracking and employee activity monitoring are important for efficient project management.
But unless there’s a way to visualize all that data, you’ll be stuck with numbers that don’t go beyond showing how long a task took in a project.
A good time tracker should be able to give you detailed reports that feature several aspects of time management.
This could be:
- The time spent on each task.
- Amount of daily project time logged.
- Time tracking on non work related sites.
Detailed reports will give you a good view of how all the time is spent, so you can easily adjust and improve employee time management.
5. Employee privacy
When it comes to time tracking, there’s the question of user privacy that needs to be addressed.
Employees may be reluctant to use a time tracking tool due to a fear that their privacy will be violated.
Some time tracking software work as keyloggers while others have GPS tracking capabilities. Sure, there are situations where these tracking methods are perfectly legal, but you have to be vigilant about not violating any privacy laws.
So what can you do?
The best answer to this is transparency.
Find a time tracker that’s clear about what’s tracked and what’s not — so your employees will consent to use it.
Moreover, time tracking should only be for working hours.
Letting your employees control when they use it ensures privacy because they’ll know they’re being tracked.
The 7 best Everhour alternatives
Now that you know what features an excellent time tracker should have, here are the 7 best Everhour alternatives:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a powerful time tracking app and productivity management software. It’s used by companies of all sizes, from large organizations to small businesses to enhance employee productivity.
Time Doctor helps you:
- Track the time users spend on a task in real-time.
- Monitor web and app usage during work hours.
- Keep your employees actively engaged in the work.
- Access various productivity reports.
- Identify poor time-usage to boost productivity.
- Integrate with various software like Basecamp and GitHub.
Here’s a closer look at some of Time Doctor’s key features:
A. Easy and accurate time tracking
Remember, you don’t want your team wasting time figuring out how to use the time tracking tool.
Luckily, Time Doctor is a powerful tool that’s also extremely easy to use.
For time tracking a task, just follow this four-step process:
- Open Time Doctor.
- Create a task (if there isn’t one already made).
- Click the Start timer.
- When you’re done with work, press Stop.
In the manual mode, an employee controls when they start/stop the timer tool. This way, you automatically get their consent and won’t face any privacy issues!
B. Monitoring inactivity
Are you concerned that your employees could log work hours when they’re actually relaxing on the job?
If there’s no mouse or keyboard activity for any minute or second, Time Doctor tracks it as idle time. If there’s at least one keystroke, mouse click or movement, the minute/second won’t be considered idle.
This way, your employees must be actively working while running the timer. Additionally, you can compare the idle time of employees in similar roles to evaluate a particular member’s activity level.
Note: Time Doctor is not a keylogger software and doesn’t track which keys are pressed. It only determines if any keys are pressed or not.
C. Detailed reporting
Time Doctor generates several detailed reports to give you accurate insights into your team’s productivity.
Here’s a quick look at some of those reports:
- Activity summary report: Shows the time usage for each employee over a specific period. This includes active, unproductive, manual and mobile time.
- Hours tracked: Displays the hours employees track per day, per week, or for any date range selected.
- Productivity: Calculates the productive and unproductive time employees have tracked.
- Project & tasks: Shows time spent on a project, who’s been working on what tasks and for how long.
- Timeline: A chronological breakdown of an employee’s work activity across a day.
- Web and app usage: Lists all the apps and websites an employee accesses during work hours.
D. Payroll processing
Instead of using another software to manage payroll, Time Doctor can handle it for you!
Its Payroll feature calculates employees’ pay automatically, based on their work hours or fixed salaries. It also conveniently integrates with payment software like PayPal and Wise, formerly TransferWise to make the process of paying your team a snap.
E. Third-party integrations
Time Doctor integrates with tons of apps like Asana, ClickUp, or Jira to track the time your team spends on your preferred project management software.
It can even connect with other workplace software like Office 365 or a CRM, like Salesforce, to monitor employee productivity across platforms.
- Intuitive user interface for optimized ease of use.
- Straightforward and accurate time tracker.
- Track inactivity to make sure your employees stay on the job.
- Offline mode for employee time tracking even when the network fails.
- Ability to track web and app usage.
- Strict privacy controls protect employees’ information.
- Track time on the mobile Android app for employees on-the-go.
- Generates tons of reports which can be exported as PDF or CSV files.
- Seamless integration with a range of software.
- Available as a desktop app (Windows, Linux, Mac), mobile app (Android) and Google Chrome extension.
- Attentive customer support.
Time Doctor has 4 pricing plans. A free 14-day trial without a credit card is also available.
- Basic: $7/month for 1 user – for basic time tracking and reporting.
- Standard: $10/month for 1 user – adds app & URL tracking + payroll and third-party integration.
- Premium: $20/month for 1 user – for additional team management features.
- Enterprise: custom pricing – for added software customizations and support.
- G2: 4.3/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
Harvest is a simple web-based time tracker that can also track expenses and send invoices. It’s easy to set up and has a sister app called Forecast that facilitates resource management.
- Track time using a timer for a task or enter all your hours in a timesheet in one go.
- Easy expense tracking feature. Snap a pic of your receipt, add details and save.
- Track time for specific projects, tasks or clients.
- Automatically pull the billable hours to generate invoices.
- Integrates with accounting software like QuickBooks and Xero.
Harvest offers 2 pricing options with all features included:
- Free: supports 1 user with 2 projects
- Pro: $12/user per month – supports unlimited people and projects.
- G2: 4.3/5 (600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
Toggl is a flexible and intuitive time tracking app with tons of positive user reviews. It has a simple user interface with features that are extremely useful to freelancers and small companies.
Click here to read our detailed Toggl review.
- Supports both offline and online time tracking.
- Real-time timesheet syncing across mobile and desktop apps.
- Detailed reports that can be easily exported as PDF, CSV or XLS files.
- Integrates with many software like a project management tool like Trello and a communication tool like Slack.
- Responsive customer support.
Toggl has 3 pricing plans:
- Starter: $10/user per month – for basic time tracking and reporting.
- Premium: $20/user per month – for additional team management features.
- Enterprise: custom pricing – for added software customizations and support.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1000+ reviews)
TimeCamp is a time tracking software that offers many reporting, billing and invoicing features. It gathers information on the actively used software and websites visited, which is converted to time reports.
- Automatic time tracking.
- GPS tracking so you know where your employees are working from.
- Accurately bill clients.
- Estimate time and costs for future project management.
- Attendance and time-off tracking.
TimeCamp offers 4 pricing plans:
- Solo: Free – offers basic time tracking, unlimited projects & tasks.
- Basic: $7/user per month – supports advanced time tracking plus app integration.
- Pro: $10/user per month – adds on invoicing and timesheet approvals.
- Enterprise: custom pricing – offers dedicated guidance & support plus.
- G2: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (500+ reviews)
Hubstaff is a SaaS time tracking app that also has invoicing and employee payroll features. It has GPS tracking capabilities for monitoring your team members’ work locations.
Read our in-depth Hubstaff review here.
- Start-stop timer with activity level tracking.
- GPS time clock app and geofencing available on Android and iOS devices.
- Online timesheets that convert time tracking into estimates and invoices.
- Optional screenshots feature that captures keyboard and mouse activity levels.
- Integrates with many software like Freshbooks and Paymo.
Hubstaff is available in 4 pricing plans:
- Free: 1 user – offers basic time tracking & activity level monitoring.
- Basic: $7/user per month – includes ‘Free’ features + 1 integration & 24-hour support.
- Premium: $10/user per month – supports ‘Basic’ features + advanced time & expense tracking features.
- Enterprise: $20/user per month – includes ‘Premium’ features + VIP support & advanced team management.
- G2: 4.4/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1000+ reviews)
Clockify is a popular time tracking software often used by freelancers and agencies. It’s convenient for teams who want simple time tracking functionality that can support multiple projects.
- Track time with a timer or log hours manually.
- Generate summary, detailed or weekly time tracking reports.
- Set hourly rates and see team member activity.
- Categorize time by projects and mark time as billable.
- Track attendance & PTO.
Clockify is available in 4 plans:
- Free: offers unlimited time tracking + projects + integrations
- Plus: $9.99/month flat – includes ‘Free’ features + lock timesheets + branded reports.
- Premium: $29.99/month flat – offers ‘Plus’ features + project templates + email alerts.
- Enterprise: $9.99/user per month – includes ‘Premium’ features + custom fields + single sign-on (SSO).
- G2: 4.4/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1000+ reviews)
RescueTime is a time management and productivity tool that helps monitors your team’s working habits. It tracks computer activity so that users can analyze their time management throughout a day.
- Automatic time capture.
- Offline tracking of activities like meetings or phone calls.
- Timesheet management.
- Blocks distracting websites.
- Set daily limits on apps or sites.
RescueTime starts at $6.50 per month for solo users.
- G2: 4.1/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (100+ reviews)
While Everhour has some good time tracking and task management features, it’s not a perfect tool.
Why settle for that when you have various Everhour alternatives available?
While all the time tracking apps we covered here are good, Time Doctor is the ultimate Everhour alternative. It offers a comprehensive suite of time management features that offer the best value for money. Sign up for the 14-day trial today and experience it for yourself!