Thanks to its solid reputation as an outsourcing destination, the Philippines is home to some of the biggest names in the business process outsourcing industry, like Accenture and IBM.
The BPO companies in the Philippines serve clients in different business verticals like IT (Information Technology), energy, finance, accounting, real estate, etc. However, you might feel a little confused with the sheer number of outsourcing choices available in the Philippines.
Don’t worry. In this article, we’ll highlight the ten best companies in the Philippines BPO industry to help you find the best one for your needs.
We’ll also go over the five most outsourced services in the country and the pros of outsourcing to the Philippines.
This Article Contains:
(click on the links below to go to a specific section)
- 10 Top BPO Companies in the Philippines
- 5 Most Outsourced Services to the Philippines
- Why Should You Outsource to the Philippines?
Let’s get started.
10 Top BPO Companies in the Philippines
The BPO sector is the cornerstone of the Philippine economy and one of the most significant contributors (over 11%) to the country’s GDP.
It’s one of the fastest growing industries in the country, employing around 1.2 million people, and is projected to generate USD 40 billion in revenue by 2022. The tremendous growth prospects in the sector consistently attract foreign investors to the country.
Now let’s explore the ten most successful and popular Philippine BPO companies:
1. Accenture Inc.
One of the largest BPO companies in the Philippines, Accenture serves over 85 clients from APAC (Asia Pacific), North America, and the EALA (Europe, Africa, Latin America) region.
The company started its operation in the Philippines in 1985 and currently employs over 50,000 people from its centers in Manila, Cebu, and Ilocos.
Accenture offers innovative IT outsourcing solutions for platforms like Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, Adobe, etc.
The BPO also runs Intelligent Operations Centers in the country to offer professional services in verticals like:
- Customer service.
- Talent acquisition.
- Finance and accounting.
Globally, Accenture is a Fortune 500 company and services clients from over 120 countries. And as of 2021, it has an employee count of over 569,000 workers.
2. Teleperformance Philippines Inc.
Teleperformance is a French multinational company that began operations in the Philippines in 1996 and is highly sought-after for its customer experience services.
As of 2021, Teleperformance Philippines (also known as Telephilippines Inc) has over 45,000 employees working from 22 centers across Manila, Antipolo, Baguio, Bacolod, Cebu, etc.
Globally, Teleperformance has clients in over 160 countries.
The company offers specialized digitally-powered business services such as:
- Voice and chat-based customer care and technical support, sales, marketing, language translation service, etc.
- Back-office operations such as HR management, order management, billing, accounting, and financial services.
- Digital transformation through advanced technologies like analytics, automation, and cloud computing.
3. Sitel Philippines Corporation
Sitel is one of the best BPO companies in the Philippines that is also a reputed global provider of customer experience products and solutions.
A U.S multinational firm, Sitel began its Philippines operation in 2000 and runs 10+ centers spread across Pasig City, Metro Manila, Mandaluyong City, Tarlac City, Baguio, and Palawan.
With a 2000+ strong workforce in the Philippines, Sitel services clients from over 60 countries, covering various industries like retail, banking, telecom, healthcare, etc.
Some of the BPO services that Sitel specializes in include:
- Omnichannel contact center solutions with IVR, chatbots, automation functionalities for increased efficiency.
- Customer and agent analytics.
- Talent management and training.
- Outsourced sales.
- Call center security, risk management, and fraud detection.
- ‘Work-at-home’ solutions for BPO workers.
Sitel provides services to over 400 global clients from 120+ offices in 29 countries. In 2020, the company reported an estimated annual revenue of USD 2.1 billion.
In 2021, Sitel Group acquired Sykes, another leading business process outsourcing company operating in the Philippines.
4. /7 Customer Philippines, Inc.
24/7 started Philippines operations in 2006 and became one of the top BPO companies by 2013. Its centers are situated in the Metro Manila region and have an employee strength of over 3000 workers.
The BPO company delivers products and services to Fortune 500 clients in telecommunication, retail, etc.
The company integrates the expertise of talented outsourced agents with advanced AI-based contact center services to help its clients deliver top-notch customer experiences.
For example, 24/7.ai Engagement Cloud is a unified platform that integrates chat, messaging, and voice channels from virtual and live agents for exceptional customer engagement. The company also offers comprehensive programs to train your in-house agents.
Amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, 24/7 also designs solutions to empower a BPO employee working from home.
An American BPO company, STAFFVIRTUAL helps its clients with affordable staffing and efficient operations through its services in the Philippines.
The company has offices in Makati and offers expert services in categories such as :
- Customer support: Virtual assistant, live chat and email support, telemarketing, and sales services.
- Back-office: Data and order entry, bookkeeping and accounting, purchasing assistance, claims processing, etc.
- IT outsourcing: Software development, mobile application development (iOS, Android), full-stack development, etc.
- Payroll: Handling salary processing, benefits, and legal compliance for your staff.
- Creative process outsourcing: Graphic designing, animation, video editing, proofreading services, etc.
The BPO company provides these services to global clients from industries like IT, logistics, healthcare.
STAFFVIRTUAL has a world-class Quality Management System (QMS) framework to ensure consistent performance and is compliant with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
6. JP Morgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan is a global banking and financial company based in New York City, USA.
With over 15,000 employees, it’s one of the largest companies offering financial services in the Philippines.
The company has been operating in the country since 1961 and has four offices in the Metro Manila region, including the Philippine Global Service Center (GSC).
JP Morgan’s Philippines operation primarily focuses on corporate and investment banking, corporate infrastructure, and the Global Service Center (BPO services). Through the GSC, the company provides support (operations, research, IT, etc.) and services to its different business lines.
The company’s BPO operations combine technology (automation, AI, etc.) with human expertise to deliver a range of services like:
- Asset and wealth management for individuals and organizations.
- Financial technology solutions.
- Accounting services.
- Quality assurance and performance improvement.
- Operations and project management.
- Risk assessment and mitigation.
- Legal compliance management.
JP Morgan’s clientele includes top corporations, governments, and institutions in over 100 countries. As per its 2020 report, the company reported net annual revenue of USD 119,543 million.
7. Sutherland Global Services Philippines Inc
Sutherland is a top BPO firm in the Philippines, with its head office in Taguig City.
Originally an American company, Sutherland specializes in analytics-driven solutions to drive digital transformation for its clients in retail, healthcare, insurance, etc.
Two significant elements of Sutherland’s operations are customer interactions and digital finance services. These services aim to improve customer experience, boost sales, improve operations efficiency, and minimize risk.
The company also offers innovative PaaS (Platform as a Service) solutions like:
- Sutherland Anywhere to help your team achieve work-at-home efficiency.
- Sutherland Conversational AI to automate chat support through NLP (natural language processing (NLP) technologies.
- Sutherland Connect for omnichannel customer engagement.
- Sutherland Robility to achieve enterprise automation at scale.
Additionally, Sutherland provides a powerful business solution (Intelligent Facilities Management) to make client systems more efficient and compliant.
8. IBM Daksh Business Process Services Philippines Inc.
IBM Daksh, also known as IBM Global Process Services, is a pioneer in the business process outsourcing sector with delivery centers in the Philippines and India.
The Philippines leg of the company, IBM Daksh Business Process Services Philippines Inc., has its headquarters in Makati (Metro Manila).
The BPO firm offers value-added services to clients, including Fortune Global 500 companies in telecommunications, retail, banking, etc.
These outsourcing solutions cover back-office and front-office operations like:
- Knowledge management.
- Customer care support through voice, chat, and email channels.
- Supply-chain management.
- HR (human resource) management.
TTEC (formerly known as TeleTech) is an American services company with a presence in over 22 countries, including the Philippines.
TTEC Philippines was established in 2001 and currently has over 23,000 employees working from 19 delivery centers across the country. It serves clients in various industries like automotive, retail, travel, real estate, etc.
The company primarily offers customer experience services and solutions like:
- Omnichannel contact center operations.
- Cloud-based contact center platform.
- Customer self-service using automation and AI.
- Non-voice processing and other back-office services.
10. Deutsche Knowledge Services Pte. Ltd.
Deutsche Knowledge Services (DKS) Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Bank Group and operates in Taguig (Metro Manila) with over 2000 employees.
DKS follows an offshore outsourcing model and provides financial services to Deutsche Bank’s global business operations.
Some of these services include:
- Financial reporting.
- Cost management.
- Information Technology services.
- Change management.
- Operations management.
Much of the Deutsche Bank’s growth can be attributed to the support and services provided by DKS.
5 Most Outsourced Services to the Philippines
Here are five types of business functions that companies usually outsource to their offshore staff or a third-party BPO service in the Philippines:
1. Programming and IT Services
The Philippines has a booming IT industry with top-notch digital infrastructure and a rich talent pool. The Philippines government plays an active role in nurturing IT startups through various incentives and schemes.
Most Filipino IT professionals have high-value skills, be it programming, web development, or cloud computing.
Additionally, IT outsourcing companies in the country can handle projects of any scale and size.
Some standard IT services that outsourcing companies in the Philippines offer include:
- Agile software development.
- Data analytics and management.
- AI-based automation and decision management.
- Digital virtual assistants.
- IT staffing solutions
2. Non-Core Operations
Many BPO companies in the Philippines specialize in handling back-office operations for their clients. This is a cost-effective way to quickly scale your business without having to invest in recruitment, training, and managing an in-house team.
Additionally, when your support operations are taken care of by a third-party outsourcing company, you’ll be free to divert maximum efforts and resources to core operations.
Philippine BPO companies employ qualified professionals to offer high-quality support services like:
- Human resource management: The outsourced HR staff performs tasks like screening, hiring, and managing talents, besides creating engagement and retention strategies.
- Data management: A data service provider employs well-trained and analytical individuals who can help mine, process, and interpret data generated from ERP and CRM tools.
- Virtual Assistance: Philippine BPO companies boast competent VAs that could efficiently assist the CEOs and department heads in a company on various tasks like scheduling and organizing.
3. Customer Service
Contact center and call center operations have become essential for the sustained growth of a business.
However, when running these operations in house, a business owner may face massive challenges such as:
- Hiring trained customer service professionals for round-the-clock call or contact center operations.
- Investing in equipment and the digital infrastructure required for omnichannel customer engagement.
As a result, most growing companies prefer to hire an external service to drive their customer engagement operations.
Fortunately, the Philippine BPO industry has no shortage of companies that can provide:
- Voice services for inbound and outbound channels through English-speaking professionals.
- Chat and email support.
- Customer engagement analytics.
- Call quality management.
- Lead generation, sales, and digital marketing services.
- Social media and brand management.
4. Accounting and Financial Services (F&A)
Accounting and financial operations are critical and time-sensitive business functions, and you could save a ton of time and money by outsourcing them.
You won’t have to hire an in-house team or invest in advanced accounting software.
Besides, these outsourcing services can offer cost-saving insights into your cash flow and fund management.
Moreover, you’ll find highly competent and affordable F&A providers in the Philippines to efficiently handle your operations.
Some of the standard F&A services that you can outsource to these providers include:
- Bookkeeping and general accounting services.
- Transaction management.
- Financial data security.
- Payroll management.
- Tax and other regulatory compliance.
- Financial planning and research.
- Financial reporting services.
5. Engineering Services
With a solid pool of skilled engineers and low labor costs, the Philippines has plenty of engineering firms offering niche services in manufacturing, construction, and energy.
Businesses in these sectors usually work with tight deadlines and balance their core operations with research and development efforts.
And for startups, outsourcing engineering operations to a Philippines outsourcer could be a cost-effective strategy to increase operational efficiency and compete with larger firms.
Here are some engineering services that you can outsource to the Philippines:
- Oil rig assembly and maintenance services.
- 3D modeling, drafting, and other architecture services.
- Quality assurance services.
Now that you have a good idea of what you can outsource to the Philippines, let’s briefly explore why the country is a solid outsourcing destination.
Why Should You Outsource to the Philippines?
The Philippine outsourcing industry has grown leaps and bounds in the last decade.
There are many ways a local or a foreign company can benefit by delegating business functions to an outsourcing firm in the country.
Some of these benefits include:
- Cost-savings: Getting work done through a Philippine BPO provider is relatively cheaper than hiring an in-house team or an outsourcing company in Europe or the USA.
- Skilled Talent: A technically adept and hardworking Filipino workforce is a big reason companies choose to outsource here. A Filipino worker can usually speak good English, making them ideal for voice services.
- Strong laws: Outsourcing services in the Philippines are largely safe and reliable, thanks to the country’s strong laws on data privacy and IP protection.
For more information, check out our detailed guide on outsourcing to the Philippines.
Also, check out our list of the top business process outsourcing companies.
Outsourcing business processes to a BPO service in the Philippines can help you profitably scale your operations and improve overall efficiency.
When you have a qualified outsourced staff handling your supporting business functions, you’ll be free to focus on your core competencies and grow further.
Use the list of top companies we covered here to shortlist a BPO vendor that perfectly suits your needs.
And once you’ve found the right partner, you can outsource to the Philippines with ease.
Andy is a technology & marketing leader who has delivered award-winning and world-first experiences.