In the world of business, where communication moves quickly, virtual meetings have become essential. Even if a lot of businesses currently utilize AI to improve their video conferencing systems, the arrival of generative AI is going to change everything. This blog article discusses how virtual meetings are going to experience a radical change and how generative AI has the potential to completely transform the way we work together online.
The pillars of effective meetings
We must first identify the fundamental components of successful collaboration in order to understand the impact of generative AI on virtual meetings. The important elements affecting successful meetings include diversity and inclusivity, concrete outcomes, and meaningful interaction. As the founder of a software business that is heavily involved in AI and machine learning, I think that maximizing the advantages of generative AI in video conferencing will require these pillars.
Four characteristics of a successful meeting
Let’s first analyze four important characteristics that have a big impact on meeting effectiveness before exploring the new potential of generative AI. These are learning-style-specific, purpose-aligned, biased detection and prevention, and active learning-promoting personalized materials. Businesses can increase meeting efficiency to a new level by focusing on these characteristics.
1. AI-driven learning-style personalization
The way content is presented in meetings is about to change thanks to generative AI. Since everyone learns differently, advanced artificial intelligence will eventually be able to customize content to fit the individual learning preferences of each participant. To improve understanding and engagement, Zoom is now exploring a feature that allows users to interact with a “companion” made of generative AI both during and after meetings.
2. Aligning meetings with purpose
Meetings can take many different forms and have different purposes. Generative AI can serve as a virtual facilitator, replicating the skills of human facilitators and directing groups through established processes that are specific to the goals of the meeting. This guarantees that various meeting kinds—from brainstorming to information exchange—maintain a structure that is driven by purpose.
3. Real-time bias detection and prevention
Virtual meetings can be slightly impacted by bias, but generative AI can be a watchful helper in this regard. AI may identify and correct biases in meetings as they occur by keeping an eye on them in real time, promoting a more welcoming and equal atmosphere. Generative AI helps foster a respectful work environment by interfering with biased behavior and making specific recommendations.
4. Encouraging both group and individual learning
Meetings are excellent venues for both group and individual learning. By actively involving participants, providing real-time insights into collaboration, and offering feedback during meetings, generative AI improves this element. A personal coach and real-time discovery are two features that make learning more effective and efficient.
12 generative AI use cases for meeting effectiveness
These are 12 new and suggested use cases for generative AI in video conferences, formed by a lot of research:
- Four tales: Adapting information to different methods of learning.
- A comparison presents multiple storylines: Customized breakout spaces to accommodate a range of learning styles.
- Diversity alerts: Making sure that material is appropriate for people of different backgrounds.
- Experts-on-demand: Using a marketplace to obtain meeting frameworks and knowledge.
- Real-time game board: Give instant feedback on team dynamics, learning, and meeting engagement.
- Highlights: Automatically identifying and emphasizing significant events throughout meetings.
- Real-time detection and correction of biases is known as bias interruption.
- Self-awareness: Providing thorough reports on potential biases to leaders.
- Advance Warning System: Sending reports on bias-related occurrences to HR for early detection and escalation.
- Real-time discovery: Using dynamic information retrieval to improve meetings.
- Individual growth goals based on observed habits are supported by a personal coach.
- Team health barometer: Using AI analytics to measure and manage team dynamics.
The way we hold virtual talks is about to change because of generative AI. Meetings will be more productive, efficient, and open to everyone with personalized content, purpose-driven facilitation, bias recognition, and learning promotion. More businesses will adopt these new technologies, which will create more options for teams and organizations, opening up an entirely new era for teamwork. Get ready for creative AI to change the way meetings are run.
Andy is a technology & marketing leader who has delivered award-winning and world-first experiences.