Looking for the best employee engagement software?
The past decade has seen a rapid surge in the number of startups and new businesses.
While this growth undoubtedly leads to a higher employment rate, it can also cause a serious problem – a high employee turnover rate.
Now that employees have so many options to choose from, the companies’ pressure is to provide an excellent work culture and environment to retain their best talent.
Fortunately, employee engagement software has made it easy to motivate employees and create an engaged workforce.
This article covers all that you need to know about employee engagement software. We’ll review the 16 best employee engagement systems and highlight their key features, pricing, and user ratings to help you choose the right tool.
This article contains
(click on the link to jump to that section)
- What is employee engagement software?
- The best employee engagement software
We’ll cover the basics of employee engagement software in the first few sections.
However, if you only want to explore the various tools, skip ahead to the Best Employee Engagement Software.
What is employee engagement software?
Employee engagement software is a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform used by organizations to gain actionable insight into different company processes. These insights will help you improve these processes to enhance employee satisfaction.
The software combines surveys, gamification of tasks, and data analysis to help employees overcome stress and fatigue. They also help increase their involvement and engagement level in the organization.
What features should an employee engagement software have?
Some key features of the software include:
A. Pulse surveys
These are surveys that HR teams can send to employees at regular intervals to understand vital metrics like employee satisfaction, team communication, etc.
You can customize these surveys with your questions and create one for the entire organization or individual teams. You can also choose from a library of pre-built survey templates to check-in with your employees.
B. Goal setting
An employee engagement app may allow employees to set goals for the foreseeable future. When you roll out the next round of surveys, employees can mark whether they have achieved their goals or not.
C. Reports and dashboards
Managers and the HR department can access and analyze the entire organization’s reports. These can help them understand the employee engagement rate, employee net promoter scores (eNPS), and much more.
D. Employee recognition and appreciation
Being recognized and appreciated for work is a great morale-booster. The software allows you to appreciate employees by giving out badges, certificates, awards, etc. You can even use engagement software to recognize their birthdays or anniversaries.
Most employee engagement tools have a gamification feature, which adds interactive competitions, tasks, and quizzes to their regular tasks, making it more entertaining.
Most of these tools have a notification feature to notify employees when they meet their goals, are recognized for their achievements, etc. – as instant feedback and social recognition play a significant role in reinforcing positive behavior.
Now that we have established these tools’ purpose, let’s look at some of the best employee engagement tools.
The 14 best employee engagement software
Here’s a list of fourteen excellent employee engagement software, along with their features, pricing, and user ratings:
Kudos is a platform for employee recognition, continuous feedback, and communication.
It focuses on boosting employee relationships and helping employees better absorb the company culture.
This engagement software supports multiple languages and has easy-to-use features that will help your team members remain motivated and inspired.
- Provides service awards, certificates, and manager badges for employee appreciation.
- Offers a wide range of internal communication options such as newsletters, photo galleries, media sharing, etc.
- Facilitates sharing of real-time continuous employee feedback, which you can do publicly or privately.
- Provides various reports, dashboards, and leaderboards with easy-to-interpret data.
- Mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
The price is available on request.
- G2: 4.8/5 (1000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (600+ reviews)
Reward Gateway is an employee engagement platform that enables you to streamline employee communication, employee discounts, and employee recognition on a single platform.
It’s an all-in-one employee engagement tool that allows you to choose the essential features for your business.
- Provides rewards and peer recognition for boosting employee morale.
- Employee surveys with real-time continuous feedback, which can assess the employees’ needs and issues.
- Employee discounts for everyday expenses.
- Offers a dedicated hub for employee wellbeing and wellness.
- Customizable platform to reach more employees.
Offers a free trial. Pricing plans start at £6/user per month (approximately $8/user per month).
- G2: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (20+ reviews)
Peakon is an employee engagement platform that helps you create meaningful surveys and converts team feedback into useful insights.
These questionnaires can help you make important decisions regarding improving your employees’ engagement.
- Uses Intelligent Listening technology to create two-way conversational surveys for the entire organization, and even for the employee lifecycle.
- Automates the creation, scheduling, delivery, and analytics of the surveys.
- Translates the surveys into 50+ languages.
- Provides real-time feedback notifications for important changes, priorities, and potential issues to understand what demands extra attention.
- Contextual learning and training courses to improve managerial efficiency.
They offer three plans: Essential, Business, and Premier for various needs. The price is available on request.
- G2: 4.6/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (30+ reviews)
Fellow is a comprehensive meeting management software that helps enhance employee engagement and productivity before, after, and during all meetings.
It allows you to organize team meetings, one-on-one’s, feedback, and more, all on the same platform.
- Improves your team’s meeting productivity by providing collaborative agendas, meeting structure templates, and real-time note-taking.
- Lets you assign, organize and prioritize all tasks discussed in the meeting.
- Provides real-time feedback about meetings, projects, and even employee performance.
- Improves customer experience by allowing you to invite clients, vendors, agencies, etc., to your meetings as guests.
- Integrates with tools like Slack, Asana, and Google Docs to enhance the workflow.
Offers an unlimited free plan for teams with less than ten team members. Paid plans start at $5/user per month.
- G2: 4.8/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 5/5 (20+ reviews)
Vantage Circle is an all-in-one employee engagement platform that combines four powerful AI and SaaS-based solutions to engage employees, namely rewards and recognition, employee perks, employee feedback, and employee wellness.
Vantage Circle is based on the simple idea of making employee engagement more powerful yet easier to run, manage, and track.
- It runs on intelligent frameworks such as SOLI, which provides an equal and instant rewarding of global workforces, and AIRe framework, which combines Appreciation(A), Incentivization(I), and Reinforcement(R) to provide more meaningful recognition.
- Even remote appreciation is made fun, timely, and easy with point-based rewarding, on-the-spot recognition, social feed, cross-channel integrations, multi-platform mobile apps, and more.
- Admin dashboards and pulse surveys generate insightful reports and track employee trends, behavior, and engagement metrics in real-time.
- A robust employee benefits program that offers exclusive deals, cashback, discounts, and other perks on a global catalog of top brands and services.
- A gamified corporate wellness experience delivered via a mobile app that tracks nutrition and water intake, as well as wellness challenges, leaderboards, a heart-rate tracker, a mood tracker, and more.
Pricing begins at $3 per month for each user and comes with a free trial.
- G2: 4.6/5 (150+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4 / 5 (15+ reviews)
6. Culture Amp
Culture Amp is a comprehensive employee engagement app that provides actionable insight for improving employee engagement levels, retention, and performance.
- Provides tools for engagement, culture and pulse surveys, and performance review.
- Offers employee engagement survey templates, as well as customizable surveys, created by data scientists and psychologists.
- Helps you identify the engagement level across different teams and different demographics.
- Provides an automated survey according to employee lifecycle like onboarding, exit, etc.
- Allows you to compare survey results with more than 60 benchmarks (innovation, company confidence, leadership, etc.) provided by other companies.
Offers three plans: Self-starter, Standard, Enterprise. The price is available on request.
- G2: 4.6/5 (90+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (50+ reviews)
15five is an employee engagement platform that helps you increase your organization’s performance by motivating your human resources to do their best.
This employee engagement tool’s concept is that employees need 15 minutes to complete the survey, and the managers need 5 minutes to review the answers.
- Helps you create any survey using more than 30 evidence-based templates.
- Combines education and technology with psychology to reinforce positive behavior in employees.
- Measures employee satisfaction using the ‘full potential index,’ which is based on four psychological sciences.
- Provides detailed employee satisfaction reports.
- Allows you to create, track, and manage Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
Plans start at $7/user per month.
- G2: 4.6/5 (1000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (800+ reviews)
Lattice is a remote employee management platform that offers different products to monitor your distributed workforce and gain insights about employee engagement levels.
This employee engagement software offers every kind of engagement survey and can be used to receive employee feedback regarding different issues, to develop an employee-centric company culture.
- Integrates engagement software with performance management software, making it a comprehensive employee management solution.
- Provides insights into important KPIs – helping you develop an action plan accordingly.
- Compares current and past engagement survey results to track the changes in your company’s culture.
- Offers pulse surveys to get employee feedback regarding various issues.
- Provides employee engagement survey templates created by academics and practitioners.
Paid plans start at $9/user per month.
- G2: 4.6/5 (2000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (50+ reviews)
The Energage engagement platform focuses on the continuous improvement of the work culture of your organization.
Energage’s software vendor provides a comprehensive SaaS platform that integrates four solutions (workplace survey, pulse, insights, and employer branding) to help you with recruitment and employee retention.
- Create customized pulse surveys for regular internal communication with employees.
- Helps initiate workplace conversations to improve teamwork.
- Provides useful insights about the engagement survey data using artificial intelligence.
- Offers various awards to the employees after they complete the survey.
- Online engagement program for managers to enhance their coaching skills.
Offers a demo. The price is available on request.
- G2: 4.6/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
TINYpulse is an employee engagement platform that allows you to improve your internal communication, measure the company culture, and reduce employee turnover.
This engagement platform helps you gather continuous feedback regarding employee satisfaction and their reasons for choosing to stay or leave your company. It’s useful for small as well as large teams.
- Provides more than 300 scientifically created employee engagement survey templates.
- Offers flexibility to customize questions according to your needs.
- Provides real-time, anonymous employee feedback.
- Integrates with Gmail, Outlook, Slack, and more.
- Generates insightful employee data regarding leadership and various vital trends.
Offers a 30-day free trial. The price is available on request.
- G2: 4.4/5 (150+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (30+ reviews)
Officevibe is an engagement software that allows your employees to build trust, strengthen relationships, and flourish as a team.
It offers a continuous 3-step circuit (share, discuss, and address) that allows you and your team to understand various team issues, work collectively to resolve them.
You can also use this process to increase employee engagement.
- Pulse surveys, anonymous feedback, and detailed reports to help you understand your team’s feelings, goals, and needs.
- Allows you to collaborate and have meaningful conversations with team members.
- Provides a resource library, blogs, and other tools to enhance your skills.
- Easily integrates with Slack, Teams, Google, and more.
It provides a free basic plan. Paid plans start at $4/user per month for a minimum of 5 users.
- G2: 4.3/5 (600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (40+ reviews)
Qualtrics offers various products and solutions for all the different needs of a company. They provide an employee engagement software tool as a part of their employee experience product.
It shows employee engagement insights in real-time, so you know which areas exactly require attention to improve employee performance.
- Patented ‘organization hierarchy tool’ that automatically delivers survey results to all company leaders and managers.
- Trademarked ‘iQ tool’ which provides intelligent analytics of the data using artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Offers a pre-packaged employee engagement solution that contains an in-built survey tool, workflow, analytics, and an action plan.
- Allows you to see the impact of your actions on KPIs and employee productivity.
Offers a free trial. The price is available on request.
- G2: 4.2/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (200+ reviews)
BambooHR is an all-in-one engagement software that offers solutions for the entire employee lifecycle, from hiring to offboarding.
Its employee satisfaction tool allows you to estimate your employees’ satisfaction using the employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS).
- Understand which processes should be prioritized according to their value to the employees.
- Provides an anonymity feature, allowing employees to provide honest feedback.
- Provides a detailed analysis of employee feedback to enable you to take steps for improving your organization.
- Groups all feedback as positive, neutral, and negative, based on the keywords.
- Provides training courses within the platform for improving employee satisfaction.
Offers a free trial. The price is available on request.
- G2: 4.3/5 (600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1000+ reviews)
viGlobal is the #1 software platform for engaging and retaining people at professional services firms. It offers a complete solution to measuring and maximizing employee engagement and satisfaction.
viGlobal’s engagement tools can be integrated with its performance management and work allocation software to form a comprehensive solution to employee development and retention.
- Keeps new hires, as well as long-term employees, connected by creating engagement timelines with check-ins, pulse surveys, and social activities.
- Provides employees with real-time feedback and guidance on work, especially on projects and client work.
- Monitors workload and work quality to ensure people are happy with their workload and to prevent burnout.
- Creates engagement reports and dashboards by individual or group.
The price is available on request.
Trivia is a one-stop employee engagement platform providing many solutions, namely new employee onboarding, remote teams, and virtual happy hour.
Working from home? Trivia is focused on building camaraderie, collaboration, and connections among your teammates even while working remotely.
- With Trivia’s suite of quizzes and games, you can bring Social & Fun back to your workspace.
- Offers a wide range of fun & interactive games like Pictionary, Virtual Water Cooler, custom quizzes, and Virtual Coffee.
- Facilitates real-time team-building games & quizzes.
- Integrates with Slack and MS teams.
- Basic: Free
- Standard: 29/mo
- Pro: 49/mo
- Enterprise: Price on request
- G2: 4.8/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
Empuls is a holistic employee engagement solution that helps improve company culture and brings the entire digital workplace to life. People leaders use Empuls to bring teams together, eliminate silos, provide a voice to every employee, and build a culture of appreciation throughout the organization.
Empuls has everything covered with its rich features to get your employees engaged. From engagement scores to contests, water cooler conversations, one-on-one feedback, peer & social recognition, and a wide variety of rewards, it helps anyone get started without much training.
From small to mid-size businesses, Empuls is trusted by over 1000+ clients and 500,000+ employees.
- Comes packed with built-in surveys, employee NPS, and qualitative feedback to know what your employees think and feel from time to time. Further, it helps HR and managers take action to strengthen their people-first culture.
- Enables your employees to experience moments of praise or appreciation through peer-to-peer and social recognition. This helps the team stay motivated and upbeat every day.
- Makes use of milestones, badges, leader boards, goals, and awards to gamify the experience and further increase employee engagement.
- Comes with a social intranet platform to connect your distributed teams and showcase your unique organizational culture.
- Provides a detailed analysis of what your people think, feel, and want at every stage of their journey with your organization.
Offers a 30-day free trial. Paid plans start at $2/user per month.
- G2: 4.6/5 (358 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (65 reviews)
Today, most businesses are switching towards a people-first work culture to prioritize ‘employee sentiment.’
When employees feel valued, they feel motivated and engaged while doing their work. A highly engaged employee will, in turn, add value to your company’s growth and development.
An employee engagement software platform is a great way to receive feedback, hear employee voice, and gain actionable insights according to the employee sentiment analysis.
So why not choose the right one for business and improve your company’s employee experience and keep employees loyal and motivated?!