Call centers play an essential role in customer service. They not only help you manage customer call volume but also simplify various business processes.
However, with customer demands constantly changing, it’s vital to ensure that your agents deliver a great customer experience. And including screen monitoring in your call center workflows help you do just that.
In this article, we’ll cover what call center screen monitoring is and the benefits it provides.
We’ll also highlight the ten best screen monitoring tools for call centers, along with their key features, pricing plans, and customer ratings.
Let’s get started.
What is call center screen monitoring?
Call center screen monitoring refers to real-time monitoring and recording of the call center agents’ desktops. Usually, call center monitoring is done during customer interactions while still maintaining customer and agent privacy.
Agent conversation monitoring helps you identify important issues and product improvement opportunities as well as enhance customer experience.
You can also:
- Get context for escalated calls.
- Monitor new in-house and remote agents during their initial calls.
- Use the recorded call for coaching purposes.
- Optimize call handling processes.
However, capturing and handling a large volume of call recordings manually can become tedious. That’s why using screen monitoring software is a better alternative.
Screen monitoring software allows you to easily monitor and record all customer interactions. In some cases, they even automate recording as soon as a call is established.
4 key benefits of screen monitoring software for call centers
Let’s take a look at why including screen monitoring in your contact center workflows is beneficial.
1. Improves agent performance
Screen recordings can provide valuable quality management insights. You can use them to create teaching materials to train new agents and coach existing ones.
All you have to do is collect instances of high-quality call center performances from your agent. But instead of providing a summary of the example, you can directly use the related screen recording for agent training.
Practicing this example-based coaching doesn’t just lead to better call outcomes but improved customer service and agent productivity as well.
Additionally, seeing their performances being used as examples can also motivate your top performers to consistently deliver their best.
2. Provides useful insights
When it comes to enhancing customer service, screen recordings are an invaluable asset. They provide complete visibility into all agent-customer interactions.
And if combined with useful call analysis, agent conversation can help you identify important metadata and trends — which can be a transformative source of business insights.
Here are a few examples:
- Offer frequently requested features.
- Identify strong customer feedback.
- Spot unknown bugs or user-interface issues.
The data collected from the recordings can help you optimize your existing product, develop a new one, or even use it for marketing campaigns.
3. Minimize legal risks
In a call center, it’s mandatory for a call center agent to clearly and accurately state legal disclosures at an appropriate time in every conversation. This keeps your customers informed and reduces legal liability.
Screen and call recording helps a call center manager ensure that fundamental business requirements like obtaining consent and communicating if legal statements are being followed strictly.
Moreover, you can use these screen recordings to counter unlawful claims made by customers against your organization or call center agent.
4. Helps create case studies
Keeping an account of successful troubleshooting is crucial, especially if it’s a challenging situation.
And the best way to do that is by creating case studies.
Case studies provide detailed information and research, as well as help you deal with unusual problems.
Screen recordings can help you:
- Provide insights into specific customer interactions.
- Gather positive testimonials.
- Identify the exact technique that helped in resolving issues.
- Compile examples of effective solutions.
Compiling such case studies can also help to train every call center agent beforehand.
Next, let’s check out some of the incredible call center screen monitoring software available today.
Top 10 call center screen monitoring tools
Here’s a list of ten call center screen monitoring tools that’ll help you quickly record any customer call in 2021:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a workforce management and screen monitoring software preferred by both large businesses like Ericsson as well as small businesses like Thrive Market.
With Time Doctor, you can track the team’s productivity in real-time with screen recording, automate tasks like billing, and access detailed time reports to boost agent performance.
A. Screencasts (Optional)
Time Doctor lets you capture screenshots of agents’ screens for real-time insights into how they spend their working time.
To enable screencasts, go to Settings/Users and click on Screencasts. You can select the following option for each user or all users using the bulk edit option:
- Screencast option: off (no screencasts will be taken).
- Screenshots every 3 minutes.
- Screenshots every 15 minutes.
- Screenshots every 30 minutes.
- Continuous video recording.
This screenshot feature is optional, so you can disable or enable it for your agents’ computer screens. To protect your employees’ privacy, you can also delete or blur a screenshot if it contains any sensitive data.
B. Time tracking
Time Doctor offers easy-to-use automatic and interactive time trackers.
In the interactive or manual mode, agents can start and stop the timer according to their work schedules with just one click.
The automatic time tracker automatically tracks computer usage as soon as an agent switches on their monitor. It runs silently in the background without disturbing the workflow.
C. Idle time tracking
Time Doctor has an idle time tracking feature that informs your agents about their unproductive hours.
When the tool detects no mouse and keyboard movements for a predefined time, it sends a pop-up alert to the employee, asking them if they’re still working. If the alert is ignored, the tool assumes that the employee is on a break and pauses the timer.
Note: Time Doctor doesn’t support keylogging to protect user privacy. It only checks if the keys and mouse are in use.
D. Productivity ratings
Time Doctor’s productivity rating feature lets you categorize apps and websites visited by your agents based on their relevance to the workflow. This helps you check if agents are spending their work hours productively.
You can classify websites into four categories:
For example, if your call center agent uses a client’s website to understand a product or watch a demo, you can classify that website as productive.
Time Doctor’s paid plans begin at $7/user per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (315+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (450+ reviews)
2. Bright Pattern
Bright Pattern is a cloud-based contact center platform that helps medium businesses and enterprises manage their services.
It offers call and screen recording allowing call center managers to monitor their agents’ workflows with a single click.
- Supports recording of frequent messages and agent activity for effortless quality assurance management.
- Provides sentiment analysis and tracking of agent calls to follow up on problematic agent conversations.
- Helps agents understand the meaning of a phone call through call transcripts in customers’ activity history.
- Connects dropped calls to the same agent if dialed within a few minutes.
- Offers automatic routing of incoming call volume based on interactions, skills, region, and more.
- Uses a predictive dialer to make outbound calls in an efficient and streamlined way.
Bright Pattern doesn’t offer any free trial. Its pricing is available on request.
- G2: 4.3/5 (70+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (95+ reviews)
3. LiveVox WFO
LiveVox is a call and contact center software that integrates omnichannel communications and customer relationship management (CRM) features. This helps enhance the customer experience – while reducing compliance risk.
You can also monitor and improve agent performance with quality management tools like screen recording, real-time monitoring, and performance analytics.
- Provides 100% visibility on all agent activities and performance in real-time with its screen recording feature.
- Lets you capture, search, view, score, and report multi-channel customer interaction.
- Creates and implements post-call customer satisfaction surveys to record relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs )and other metrics.
- Offers customizable training and eLearning programs, recorded calls, and agent productivity reports.
- Analyzes and scores agent interaction with advanced AI for risk reduction and agent training for new agents.
Livevox doesn’t offer any free trial. Pricing information is available on request.
- G2: 4.3/5 (70+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (30+ reviews)
Five9 is an AI-driven, all-in-one cloud call and contact center solution for unified communications support like inbound, blended, and outbound calls. It provides customizable customer support over the phone system, email, chat, mobile, social media, and more.
The tool enables real-time call center monitoring and acts as an automatic call distributor.
- Supports full-length recording of customer interaction along with agent screens.
- Provides real-time assistance to agents with the help of the screen recording feature.
- Offers synchronized voice and video playback.
- Uses interaction analytics and performance metrics to detect trends, automate the quality process, and identify good and bad customer service instances.
- Offers workforce management to optimize staffing based on accurate multi-skill, multi-channel forecasts and schedules, and more.
- Integrates with CRMs like Salesforce, Zendesk, Oracle, and ServiceNow.
Five9 doesn’t offer a free plan. Paid plans start from $149/month.
- G2: 3.9/5 (340+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (420+ reviews)
5. Verint Monet WFO
Verint Monet WFO is a cloud-based call center monitoring software that includes workforce management, quality management, performance management, and analytics.
The app allows you to monitor call center KPIs through call and screen recording, forecast agent requirements, and schedule agents effortlessly.
- Uses voice and screen recording with playback and call scoring for quality monitoring.
- Monitors customer interaction on all bot, voice, and digital channels.
- Tracks, analyzes, and manages agent performance through screen recordings to optimize customer service.
- Offers easy agent monitoring through a single employee profile list.
- Helps create effective schedules for handling incoming call volumes.
- Integrates with 60+ CCI (contact center infrastructure) and CRMs like Cisco.
Pricing is available on request.
- G2: 4.0/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (15+ reviews)
VSLogger by Versadial is a call recording solution that offers services across industries like contact centers, financial institutions, insurance agencies, law practices, and government organizations.
Its call center monitoring program provides live agent activity dashboards, agent screen capture, interactive voice response, integrations, and more.
- Triggers automatic screen capture upon answering a phone call.
- Lets you choose manual or automated call and video recording to improve customer experience.
- Records two monitors simultaneously for an efficient call center monitoring system.
- Synchronizes audio and video playback for enhanced agent and customer interaction evaluation.
- Allows you to black out sensitive caller information from screen recordings.
Contact the support team for a pricing quote.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (10+ reviews)
7. Enghouse Interactive
Enghouse Interactive’s call center monitoring software and customer interaction management solution help businesses enhance their regular contact center processes.
The call center recording tool helps improve customer service with the help of call recordings, real-time feedback, and agent evaluation. It also offers functionalities like omnichannel support, abandoned call monitoring, and automatic call distribution.
- Supports live call monitoring and playback for all agent calls within the organization.
- Record calls and agent screens to capture the entire customer interaction.
- Provides speech-to-text transcription for converting any voice recording into a searchable text document.
- Uses text analytics to provide a comprehensive and complete view of the key topics raised by customers during calls.
- Offers multiple channel customer support via email, web chat, social media, and traditional desk phone system.
Pricing is available on request.
- G2: 4/5 (N/A)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (15+ reviews)
Talkdesk is a call center software that provides services like Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Automatic Call Distribution (ACD), and a call monitoring program to ensure a better customer experience.
Its call recording feature enables businesses to enhance quality assurance while reducing customer support costs.
- Provides encrypted live call and screen recording functionalities for identifying improvement opportunities and quality monitoring.
- Lets you customize recording and retention settings, as well as store them for as long as you need.
- Requires special permissions to access agent calls and video recordings.
- Uses intelligent call routing to direct calls to the most skilled agent.
- Automates workflows for reducing call handling times.
- Supports integrations with 30+ online tools like Microsoft Teams and Slack.
Talkdesk doesn’t have a free trial. Pricing plans start from $75/month per user.
- G2: 4.4/5 (1955+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (685+ reviews)
DeskTime is basically a workforce management tool. But it also helps a contact center manager monitor agent productivity through screen monitoring features and performance analytics.
Managers can also automate time-off management and schedule in-house as well as remote agents efficiently.
- Monitors employee time use with random, automatic screen capture.
- Enables screen recording for the entire company or a selected few.
- Highlights all suspicious screenshots so that managers don’t have to go through every screenshot.
- Lets agents request preferred shifts to help managers create a productive schedule.
- Streamlines client billing with its flexible client and time-tracking analytics.
Desktime offers a free app for a single user. Its pricing plans start from $7/month.
- G2: 4.5/5 (145+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (340+ reviews)
Dialpad provides a cloud-based call center management tool with access to real-time customer insights. It allows users to onboard quickly and focus on delivering a great customer experience.
This tool offers functions beneficial for call center managers and owners, like live agent coaching and a real-time call monitoring feature.
- Records video calls made from the Dialpad desktop app.
- Captures what was said and by whom on each call through Voice intelligence.
- Allows audio and video recording for multiple calls at the same time.
- Provides an intuitive voicemail system for handling missed calls and accessing messages.
- Integrates with tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, Slack, and more.
Dialpad offers a 14-day free trial. Its pricing plans start at $23/month per user for one license minimum.
- G2: 4.4/5 (1355+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (465+ reviews)
Sure, answering all your customer calls is important but monitoring them is crucial.
The best call center software helps you provide 24/7 call support, reduce abandoned calls, and meet service level goals.
But a call center screen monitoring feature helps you find improvement opportunities and reduce legal liabilities.
For the best call center screen monitoring experience, sign up for Time Doctor’s free trial and easily enhance your customer service!