Call center recording software captures the audio and video activity between an agent and a customer during a call. It also lets you store, retrieve, and evaluate recorded calls according to your business needs.
However, there are many call center recording tools in the market, and you need to choose one that suits your business interests perfectly.
In this article, we’ll highlight the top 15 call center recording software for 2022, including their key features, pricing, and customer ratings. We’ll also discuss the two main types of call center recording software and the four key benefits of using such tools.
This article includes:
(Click on the links below to go to a particular section)
- 15 Best Call Center Recording Software
- 2 Major Types of Call Center Recording Software
- 4 Key Benefits of Using Call Center Recording Software
Let’s get started.
Wondering why call centers must record customer calls?
15 best call center recording software
Let’s look at the 15 most effective call center recording software:
1. RingCentral MVP
RingCentral MVP is a cloud-based customer support software that offers a call recording system to improve customer service via video, audio, and phone interaction recording.
- Provides an on-demand call recording feature in a single click.
- Offers customized integrations using advanced API (Application Programming Interface), SDK (Software Development Kit), widget, and more.
- Lets you download or playback the recorded calls for up to 90 days.
RingCentral MVP offers a paid plan starting at $29.99/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (920+ reviews)
- G2: 3.9/5 (600+ reviews)
Talkdesk is a cloud contact center tool with cutting-edge call recording functionality that utilizes Artificial Intelligence (AI) to enhance customer experience and agent performance.
- Offers an encrypted audio and screen recording feature for better security.
- Ensures state and federal law compliance by managing, storing, and monitoring audio files.
- Lets you review recordings from multiple phone lines.
Talkdesk offers a paid plan starting at $75/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (670+ review)
- G2: 4.4/5 (1600+ reviews)
3. Nice CXone
Nice CXone is a cloud-based call recording and customer experience tool that leverages AI, automation, and enterprise-grade technology to optimize customer service.
- Records and manages call recordings from multiple channels and data sources in a single system.
- Provides real-time sentiment analysis and voice transcription features.
- Offers omnichannel recording feature and supports channels of various types (video conferencing, chats, social media, voice, etc.)
Request a custom quote from Nice CXone.
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (500+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (1420+ reviews)
4. Dialpad Contact Center
Dialpad Contact Center is an AI-powered cloud call recording system that streamlines business communication by offering features like predictive dialer, messaging, and much more.
- Uses advanced API to let the agent pause or stop transcription when processing confidential information.
- Enables communication within the team and with clients via SMS and instant messaging.
- Offers CRM integration like Salesforce, Hubspot, and Kizen.
Dialpad offers a paid plan starting at $20/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (380+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (110+ reviews)
Bitrix24 is a client management and call recording software that brings all communications to a single platform, tracks customer interactions, and collects actionable insight.
- Offers VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephony integration with features like call tracking, routing, etc.
- Runs an automatic dialer to call customers efficiently.
- Uses IVR (Interactive Voice Response) to manage customer calls.
Bitrix24 has a free plan, and its paid plans start at $49 for 5 users per month.
- Capterra: 4/5 (490+ reviews)
- G2: 4.1/5 (400+ reviews)
Zendesk is a cloud-based call center software with advanced call recording capabilities. It empowers customers to find solutions via knowledge bases and increases customer satisfaction.
- Lets you turn on and off live call recording for outgoing and incoming calls from a phone number.
- Lets you delete recordings manually or automatically based on a specific time limit.
- Stores voice recordings securely in Zendesk data center hosted by Amazon Web Series.
Zendesk offers a paid plan starting at $19/agent per month.
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (2700+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (3460+ reviews)
7. Call Center Studio
Call Center Studio is a contact center software that aims to elevate the customer experience. It’s the first call center solution that’s powered by Google.
- Restricts access to sensitive caller information to ensure security.
- Offers speech analytics feature to record the agent and customer voice on different channels.
- Provides different recording features like SMS and voice recording.
Request a custom quote from Call Center Studio.
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (40+ reviews)
- G2: 4.8/5 (80+ reviews)
FreJun is a user-friendly call recording software that helps you automate and track calls. The tool is designed for remote, sales, and recruitment teams.
- Offers an automatic dialer feature so you can make calls in a few clicks.
- Integrates with various tools like HubSpot, Outlook Calendar, etc.
- Provides in-depth analytics to track the employee performance.
FreJun offers a paid plan starting at $17.22/user per month.
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
TCN is a call monitoring and recording software that helps you with compliance management, phone conversation optimization, and customer service enhancement.
- Generates speech analytics, full-text transcriptions, and text analytics for all customer calls and messages.
- Lets you access and play voice recording on any popular media player (Windows Media Player, VLC media player, iTunes, Winamp, etc.)
- Allows customized integrations with any tool via web services API.
Request a custom quote from TCN.
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
- Lets you find a telephone conversation based on call date, caller ID, dialed number, outbound or inbound call, call length, flags, and more.
- Offers third-party call recording verification and on-demand confirmation.
- Shows call activity in chronological order to gauge agent productivity and call volume.
VersaDial offers a paid plan starting at $8/channel per month.
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
CallHippo is a call recording and virtual phone system used by businesses of all sizes to analyze employee productivity, review data, and train team members.
- Offers automatic recording and storing feature for any inbound or outbound call.
- Provides digital access to call recordings for 90 days.
- Notifies agents before recording the call to ensure compliance.
CallHippo offers a paid plan starting at $20/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (310+ reviews)
- G2: 4.2/5 (170+ reviews)
Vonage is a phone service provider that offers voice, messaging, video, and data capabilities for contact centers.
- Uses video API for live interactive video calls or to schedule appointments.
- Allows you to set call recording rules and regulations in your workspace.
- Offers on-demand call recording feature so you can start, pause, and stop the recording at any given time.
Vonage offers a paid plan starting at $19.99/line per month.
- Capterra: 4/5 (230+ reviews)
- G2: 4.2/5 (360+ reviews)
Delacon is a call tracking and analytics tool that offers valuable insights into customer calls to improve the quality of customer support.
- Tracks and generates analytics for calls across all marketing channels.
- Saves all call recordings in .wav format and retains them for a year automatically.
- Lets you access voice recordings at any time or email them to a team member.
Delacon offers a paid plan starting at $25/agent per month.
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
14. Calabrio Call Recording
Calabrio Call Recording is a conversation intelligence software that streamlines workforce engagement, customer experience, and compliance management.
- Lets you manage call centers in different locations by offering various call recording options (desktop records, network records, and more).
- Organizes call recordings automatically to identify trends and derive deeper insights.
- Helps you locate particular call recordings quickly using tags.
Request a custom quote from Calabrio.
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
CloudTalk is a call recording and VoIP software that empowers businesses to optimize customer service and workflow management.
- Uses intelligent call routing feature to direct calls to qualified agents.
- Saves and stores audio files along with the client’s other details.
- Lets you play audio recordings directly from the dashboard.
CloudTalk offers a paid plan starting at $30/agent per month.
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (220+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (340+ reviews)
Now, let’s look at the different types of call center recording solutions.
2 major types of call center recording software
Here are the two different types of call center recording software:
1. Call center software
Call center software is a tool that lets you manage customer communication via phone calls or other communication channels like email, live chat, or social media)
The software offers features like skill-based routing, call tracking, ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), and live call transfer.
2. PBX phone system
PBX (Private Branch Exchange) phone system is a private telephone system that manages an outgoing and incoming call and the company’s internal communication.
A PBX phone system offers features such as auto-attending, voicemail transcription, mobile call routing, and more.
Both types of tools have call recording capabilities.
But why invest in call recording software in the first place?
Let’s see how opting for call recording software can help your business.
4 key benefits of using call center recording software
Here are the top benefits of incorporating call center recording software into your workplace:
1. Helps face lawsuits and ensures compliance
Call centers can use call recordings as proof in case any customer or third party files a lawsuit.
For instance, let’s say a customer filed a lawsuit against the company for not following the PCI compliance (Payment Card Industry). Playing the call recordings can help the company prove its innocence and diffuse the issue.
Similarly, a client can claim that the call center violated the SLA (Service Level Agreement). You can use call recording data, metrics, and other information to show that the accusation is false.
Additionally, in some places, call recording is mandatory. As a result, recording calls can ensure regulatory compliance with state and federal laws in such places.
For example, financial firms have to record calls in some countries. Customer support teams of banks can automate call recording without customer consent to reduce extra work in such countries.
2. Offers higher quality assurance
Call centers can conduct quality management by listening to the audio recordings. They can ensure that agents follow the company protocol while talking to a customer.
Moreover, they can confirm that the agents noted the information correctly during the conversation. This way, they can perform quality monitoring and reduce errors.
For instance, let’s say a call center agent took down the wrong credit card number during a phone call. The call center can listen to the call recording to find the correct information.
3. Enhances agent productivity
Listening to call recordings can help you identify areas where your call center agents can improve to provide better customer service. You can utilize this information for training purposes and to address agent shortcomings.
And based on each agent’s areas of improvement, you can design customized training to improve agent performance.
Additionally, since you know your agent’s strengths and shortcomings, you can assign them tasks according to their capabilities and make better use of their talents.
For example, let’s say you identify that an employee has a better grasp of technical skills than sales. You can make them a part of the customer support department that solves technical issues. By doing so, you can unlock their full potential and improve the business ROI.
4. Improves customer retention
Sometimes, the product team may find it difficult to figure out the exact issue from the customer support team’s notes.
However, they can listen to the customer interaction to uncover the root cause of the problem.
This can help the product department resolve the issue on time, increasing customer satisfaction, and consequently, retention.
Additionally, monitoring call recordings can help agents improve their service quality. And a highly skilled agent can make customers happy and decrease customer attrition.
Check out our article on 10 easy ways to ensure call center quality assurance.
Call center recording software is essential for better agent productivity, customer retention, accountability, and quality control.
Since various tools are available in the market, you need to understand your business needs and familiarize yourself with the popular solutions before purchasing one.
Go through the list of the best call recording tools in this article to understand which software is right for your unique business needs.
Vaishali Badgujar is a Content and SEO specialist at Time Doctor, an employee-friendly time-tracking system that boosts productivity.