How far do you think telework would achieve in 5 years? There are already 34 million workers who telecommute at least occasionally in the U.S.
According to Forrester research, this figure is expected to swell to 63 million by 2016, fueled by worldwide broadband adoption, better collaboration tools, and growing management experience.
But, is it really the future? This telecommuting infographic from Staff.com shows you all the telework stats.
Some notable facts:
- 1 in 5 workers worlwide telecommute particularly employees in the Middle East, Latin America and Asia
- 1 in 10 work from home every day
- The USA would save $650 billion per year if the 40% of the population that holds telework-compatible jobs would work from home half the time.
- 2 in 3 workers claim increased productivity working at home
- 4 in 5 workers agreed that telecommuters have less stress
More of those facts in the telecommuting infographic below. If you are working from home, let us know in the comments!
Rob Rawson is a co-founder of Time Doctor which is software to improve work productivity and help keep track of what your team is working on, even when working remotely.