How to integrate Basecamp with Time Doctor
Follow the steps in this article to set up your Basecamp / Time Doctor integration.
Announcement: Basecamp 3 is now active! You may now integrate with Basecamp 3. These same integration procedures apply:
Before beginning this integration process, please make sure you are not logged in to someone else's Basecamp account in your web browser session. Otherwise, you may inadvertently link the wrong accounts. Also be aware that you can only have one Basecamp account under a given username and password in order to integrate with Time Doctor. If you have multiple accounts under one email address, you will get Sync Error 108.
Individual users who work in a company that already activated the Basecamp integration at the company level can skip to step 8 in this article.
1) For company owners or admins: Before individuals in a company can enable the integration, the company owner or admin will need to turn on the integration for the whole company on the company integrations page. The company owner or admin can click on your company account logo/name on the left panel, navigate to Company Integrations. Enable the Basecamp integration by clicking on the OFF to ON button to the right:
2) Enter your Basecamp login credentials when prompted (if you are already logged in to Basecamp, this step may be skipped):
3) Grant Time Doctor access to your Basecamp account to allow the integration to function:
4) Success! You'll be presented with this screen when the company integration is complete. You'll still need to have individual users in the company activate their own personal integrations. (You may also wish to skip to step 12 to review some tips on tracking time on Basecamp tasks):
5) For individual users: After the company Basecamp integration is finished, then you'll be able to turn on your own personal integration. (The company owner or admin who turned on the company integration will have their own personal integration activated by default.) Users should click on the company account logo/name on the left panel, navigate to Your Integrations. Enable the Basecamp integration by clicking on the OFF to ON button to the right:
6) You'll be presented with the option to log in to Basecamp (if you are not logged in already).
7) Grant access to Time Doctor to enable the integration.
8) Success! This is the screen you'll see when it's all complete:
9) It's important to remember that tasks won't appear in the Time Doctor applications unless they have been assigned to you inside Basecamp. Tasks assigned in Basecamp will show up after syncing properly:
10) Below are a few examples on how Basecamp tasks will show up in Time Doctor application
a) New Time Doctor app
b) Time Doctor Lite:
c) Time Doctor Pro
For questions, comments or feedback regarding this topic, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.