Fixing the High DPI Scaling Issue with the Time Doctor Windows Application
NOTE: Please download and install the latest version of Time Doctor from our website. This version is compatible with high-resolution monitors.
For those who need Time Doctor Pro or Time Doctor Lite to track time and do not want to update, please review the following:
Fixing the Scaling Issue With Time Doctor Application in Windows 7, 8, and 10 (Unofficial Fix)
NOTE: This fix will cause screenshots to display incorrectly on your Time Doctor Screenshots page. Therefore, you should only use this fix if screenshots are deactivated for your account. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to provide a solution to fix the high DPI scaling issue while also having screenshots work properly.
You will need administrator access to do this.
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor (Regedit.exe). To start the registry editor, you can hit the Windows key, type RegEdit, and hit Enter to start.
3. Navigate to the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide
4. Right-click in the blank area and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. Right-click on PreferExternalManifest and then choose Modify.
6. Enter a Value Data of 1. Click OK.
7. Exit Registry Editor.
That is it! Your scaling issue should be fixed.
For questions, comments, or feedback regarding this topic, please send an email to email@example.com.